True Game of Death

Guest tigerstyles

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

Lol, "True" my ass. There definately wasn't anything True about this Game of Death knockoff. Aweful acting and story. The fight choreography left much to be desired. I believe this was the only time the star of this film(He also played the Man in White in Flag of Iron) played in a Bruceploitation film. He looks more like Elvis in his 70's mode to me than he does Lee. Game of Death II was worlds better in terms of fight choreography. I had heard this film came out before the original Game of Death in 1978 to try and beat Clause's version to the market but don't know if that's correct.

Guest Robert Ian Teller

There's a fight scene in the middle of the film that looks like it's from a completely different movie. Does anyone know if this is true or what movie it's really from?

Guest Chinatown Kid

I know the scene your talking about, where the Lee imitator comes up on the Kung Fu teacher and his student and "Bruce" proceeds to fight the student. The choreography in that scene uses traditional kung fu style techniques unlike the other fights in the film which were more Lee style. I'm not sure if it was taken from another movie but it sure looked like it didn't belong in the film.

Archived