Nina Li Chi

Topgun

Hey guys,

I thought Nina Li Chi is Sammo Hung's wife, right. She's in "She Shoots Straight, Twin Dragons, and Eastern Condors."

Please share.

Topgun:angel:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah bro, last I heard she's Jet Li's wife.

Last I heard Sammo was still married to Joyce Godenzi.

Either way Sammo and Jet seem to be very lucky.

While they hold a little bit of a resemblance, Joyce Godenzi was the actress and Sammo Hung's wife who starred in She Shoots Straight, Eastern Condors, and License to Steal to name a few. Joyce last appeared in Jackie Chan's Mr. Nice Guy and actually was Sammo's English teacher for when he was gearing up for Martial Law.

Nina Li Chi, who is Jet Li's wife, was in Dragon Fight (where she met Jet), Stone Age Warriors, and Kid from Tibet just to name a few. She retired when she married Jet Li in the late 90's.

• Administrator

They do have a bit of a facial resemblance, but Joyce has a thin, athletic build, and Nina is extremely curvaceous.

I heard that the HK public were not kind to Joyce for some reason, but I'm not sure why. Karlos had mentioned something about this. Anyone have any info on why?

Bey Logan mentioned in his commentary for Tiger On Beat that Nina Li Chi had some difficulty with acceptance from Hong Kong audiences because she was from mainland China, cantonese wasn't her native tongue, not a Hong Kong girl. Similarly, Joyce Mina Godenzi also seemed to suffer from a bit of discrimination because she's eurasian, not Chinese enough. Oh well, they've both done fine for theirselves regardless.

It didn't help that people were saying that Joyce was a homewrecker because Sammo left his 1st wife (Sammy and Timmy's mother) to marry her. I think Yuen Biao mentioned something along the lines of that in Bey Logan's Hong Kong Action Cinema.

While Jet Li admitted his first marriage to fellow wushu expert Huang Qiuyan was more of a "marriage of convenience" and not for love, he said that Nina Li was his first real true love. They met on the set of 1989's Dragon Fight and the following year, Huang and Jet amicably divorced. Jet still supports Huang (who has since re-married...Jet bought Huang and her new hubby a new car if I remember right) and their two daughters while being married to Nina and helping raise their daughters Jane and Jada.

ironfistedmonk
I'm a fan of both but Nina is more my type of woman, all those nice juicy curves and filled out places.....:tongue:

Nina is a very well rounded individual

That's exactly right; Joyce Godenzi was Sammo's mistress and, as Yuen Biao said in an interview, you can have a mistress but you don't leave your wife for her.

When Sammo did just that she was a marked woman and became unpopular with HK cinema-goers (Interestingly, Sammo seemed to have a dip in fortunes at theox Office at around the same time).

Nina Li Chi was disliked, according to Chow Yun Fat, because she was from the Mainland and her Cantonese was poor.

Apparently, the scene in Tiger On Beat were Chow beats here character was loudly cheered in cinemas - very PC!! :squigglemouth:

golden harvest greg

The Chinese community was not too kind to Joyce (Ko Lai-hung) Godenzi because she was a product

of an interracial couple. Lets be truthful now, the Chinese are as just as racist as everyone else. Meaning that everyone has a little racist in them. That's just a plain fact.

The Chinese community was not too kind to Joyce (Ko Lai-hung) Godenzi because she was a product

of an interracial couple. Lets be truthful now, the Chinese are as just as racist as everyone else. Meaning that everyone has a little racist in them. That's just a plain fact.

That may be true but sometimes there are exceptions. Did Michelle Reis have problems?

I'm also somewhat surprised that Cynthia Rothrock and Takeshi Kaneshiro seemed to have no problems being successful in HK.

So what gives Hong Kong?

Joyce Godenzi was cut in Eastern Condors, but she looked a little too masculine with the short hair in License to Steal and She Shoots Straight.

Nina Li is one foxy mama. Makes me schwinng! Scrum-diddly-umptious and magically delicious. :)

ggpxqE1C49M

No typecasting in these films. :)

Wpqi7UW-z9s

fCGT9mz1Nok

KFS

Archived