Best Swordplay film from the late 60s/early 70s?

falkor

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlackLamaFaction

Magic Blade (Ti Lung was vicious with the sword, Loved the story/plot cool twist.)

"Fu Hung Hsueh Remains Fu Hung Hsueh"

I liked Legend Of the Fox's Swordplay as well.(That's probably late seventies though)

Black Lama, right, those aren't really comparable as they are from a different time.

Jamal, you might be right. I've heard some incredible things about Mad Killer. In fact, its in my "to watch" pile along with 40 odd other films like Opium and the Kung Fu Master in English.

i was leaning towards swordsman of all swordsman, but i will throw jimmy wang yu in the sword out there as the psychology of the film was different from most of the films at the time and scores some major points for origonality

By who?!?

Except for the two of us, no one ever mentions it. It's really too bad that people have passed on King Of Kings. I'd say its one of the best of it's time.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah HAZ I agree. It is a great movie. It gets talked about every once in awhile here. I've never heard of Swordsman of all Swordsmen or The Mad Killer. I'm gonna have to get those soon.

I've never actually got round to watching SOAS, might have to remedy that soon.

Deaf Mute Heroine is one of my favourites as well, got to love that studio style intro sequence! I'd also add Darkest Sword (Yee Yuen is a super badass in this) and Blind Girl Flying Swallow to the shortlist. Although we're not talking about Shaws you'd be hard pressed to beat Devil's Mirror.

THERE SO MANY GREAT SWORDPLAY MOVIE OUT MY FRIEND,BUT HERE IS MY PERSONALLY BEST !!!!

madkiller.jpgw800.png]madkiller.jpgw800.png

Has anyone else seen this one? Falkor, Pete? The youtube clip looks good. Quality is nice. I guess there's no widescreen print available?

Guest WuxiaFan

I have not seen SWORDSMAN OF ALL SWORDSMENor THE MAD KILLER but definately want to check to them out. For non-SB swordplay, LAST HURRAH FOR CHIVALRY is just superb, "...a swordplay extravaganza..." to quote Mark Pollard.:xd:

For SB swordplay, there are so many, but my favorites are:

COME DRINK WITH ME

GOLDEN SWALLOW

DEADLY BREAKING SWORD

LADY HERMIT

MAGIC BLADE

ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN

SWORD STAINED WITH ROYAL BLOOD

Archived