Kungfu Cyborg: Metallic Attraction

June

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeash, I have no interest in this one. it did so poorly at the box office, I think it was only in theaters for 2 weeks. if anyone is interested, the dvd is already available to preorder, it comes out Oct. 2nd. the good news is that both this film and Johnnie To's 'Vengeance' opened in theaters on the same day, so Vengeance should be the next HK film to release on dvd!

http://www.yesasia.com/us/kungfu-cyborg-metallic-attraction-dvd-hong-kong-version/1021308497-0-0-0-en/info.html

Jeff Lau hasn't really made a good movie since Stephen Chow's monkey king movies, and it seems wu Jing is happy to act in any load of tosh: did we seriously expect it to be good? You can imagine the meeting that lead to this:

Lau: I wanna make transformers!

Executive sleazy-guy: You're not Michael Bay.

Lau, now crest-fallen: How about a cheap knock-off?

Executive sleazy-guy, now with two assistants pulling the corners of his mouth into a rudimentary smile: Okay, but it's gotta be asian.

Lau: I know, we'll get Wu Jing to do some half-assed CGI enhanced kung fu. If that don't bring in the kids, nothing will!!!

Suddenly transformers 2 seems to have gotten a whole lot better.

^Its mediocre at BEST

fucking cmon pplz! Lets give Wu Jing a good role again!!

Tai Chi Boxer

Drunken Monkey

SPL

Invisible Target

even in Fatal Move he was good

I recently watched this movie and thought it was very disappointing. Hardly any martial arts action, cartoony CGI effects and a really silly storyline. Only good thing was seeing Betty Sun Li.

I've only seen SPL, where his character took some time to grow on me. Fatal Contact I didn't care for him or the movie. I can't remember if I seen Fatal Move or not. Was this ever put out on R1 dvd? If not then I haven't. Is it more gun and stunt type action or is there also some good fighting in it as well?

Archived