Shaolin Temple Against Lama: the last Shapes classic?

falkor

Do you mean William Yen?

tell you a sad tale about this film, Wu Hao who plays the crazy monk in the trees got paralized from the neck down because of this film, when a double front summy went wrong and he landed on his neck severing his spinal cord, real waste, he was arguably one of the best acrobat stuntmen that ever lived.

all the mad acro stunts in Ninja in the Dragons den and Shaolin v Ninja were done by him.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

That Wu Hao crazy monk guy is who I was talking about. I didn't realize that's the guy I always hear about that got badly injured. He was an amazing performer. Robert Tai must have thought highly of him giving him roles where he's basically an invincible kung fu master.

Just finished this. It may be the best Kung fu movie ever! The fights are all great, the camerawork during the fights too. Saw the widescreen version and it is amazing. One thing though. I've seen conflicting reports on who did the choreography. I've seen both Alan Hsu and Robert Tai credited. Anyone know for sure? There are no credits on the film at all beside the title ( in French ) in the beginning and "The End" at the end.

Morgoth Bauglir

I remember reading an interview where Tai said he was a supervisor or something. Alan Hsu did the action. He is credited on the full screen version.

I was reading a pretty good interview with Toby Russell that talks about the injury to Wu Hao during Shaolin Vs Lama as well as the high quality of the acrobats used by Robert Tai and how everybody including Sammo & Jackie wanted to use them.

For anybody that hasn't seen it yet it's worth a read.

http://www.nanarland.com/interview/interview.php?id_interview=tobyrussellvo&vo=1

Archived