Besouro (2009)

CrazyFrog

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what to make of it. I'd love to see movies about capoeira, and the trailer started out nice, but obviously they suddenly go way ott with it all (some voodoo-magic or something?), and that just kinda ruins it for me.

I would have preferred it if they had kept it 'normal'.

A fairly positive review but I think I would rather hear what other martial-arts fans think of it. My gut feeling is that it probably won't be that good... If you can fairly judge off a trailer and a review.

that's cool that DeeDee Ku Huen Chiu is the action director

Guk Hin-Chiu is someone to look out for in the future. He did an awesome job on 14 Blades.

Not to mention he is a member of Yuen Woo-Ping's stunt team, working on the Matrix trilogy, House of Fury...he even worked as a stunt coordinator with Stanley Tong on China Strike Force (proof was a pic of him with Mark Dacascos on the set when Mark sparred with Ken Lo's character in the ring).

BESOURO is now available on DVD in the USA under a strange title:

THE ASSAILANT

I saw it at Wal-Mart over the weekend for I think it was $9.98

71BHg45XWCL._AA1297_.jpg

Guest Yi-Long
BESOURO is now available on DVD in the USA under a strange title:

THE ASSAILANT

I saw it at Wal-Mart over the weekend for I think it was $9.98

71BHg45XWCL._AA1297_.jpg

How stupid. How would anyone who has seen the original trailer and was hyped about this, know about this release!?

I honestly can't understand why movies are still getting changed titles for different releases.

How stupid. How would anyone who has seen the original trailer and was hyped about this, know about this release!?

I honestly can't understand why movies are still getting changed titles for different releases.

That's funny you say that Yi-Long, because as the front and side cover says "The Assailant", if you read the credits on the back, the title clearly reads..."Besouro"

phoenix_darshan

I watched it almost a year ago as a cheap chinese bootleg and i had high hopes, there is relatively little capoeira fighting and it turns to be very arty, too arty for my liking, which put me off buying it on DVD at some stage.

dont get me wrong i like some spirits and spirituality or pearls of wisdom to balance the sheer brutality of martial arts but this movie didn not nail this equilibrium dwon in my humble opinion.

i cant really pinpoint any other flaws but i did not find myself riveted to my seat instead i caught myself wishing for it to be over rather sooner than later.

Archived