Film With Most Vicious Final Boss

BlackLamaFaction

BlackLamaFaction

Some of the most memorable roles in classic films have been the great villians, I wanted to make a thread to get your ideas on what films featured the baddest of the bad.

My vote for the most vicious would be Cheng Sing in Two Great Cavaliers, for the simple fact that it took 3 guys and a girl to bring him down.Those four being John Liu, Hung Kar Yan, Angela Mao, and Kwan Hung. All of whom could hold their own one on one with just about anyone, yet it seemed he would have had been able to beat them all had he not got his hand stuck. So for that reason and his cool green palms I say he was one of the baddest.

Who are some of your favorites? Feel free to name more than one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tcsyAUkyu0

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hwang In Shik in "Young Master" has to be up there. While it didn't take a lot of people to bring him down, it took a hell of a lot of energy and even more pain.

Morgoth Bauglir

Chang Shan in 7 Steps is up there for me. He couldn't even walk towards the end of the fight and he's still delivering blows.

BlackLamaFaction

Chang Shan Is my overall favorite villian I'll watch anything with him as the boss. (Shaolin v. Lama, Shaolin Temple Strikes Back), Seven Steps was the standout though, I mean he just wouldn't go down. Pai Mei was always great,my favorite Lo Leih character. As far as Shaw Brothers goes I also liked Ku-Feng with his Iron Gloves in Avenging Eagle.

Peng Kang was definitely vicious in The Invincible Kung Fu Legs as "Ground Kick" expert Pan Pak but he was also brutal in "Woman Avenger" as Golden Hair, the head rapist who takes on Hsia Kwan-Li in the finale.

Hwang In Shik in "Young Master" has to be up there. While it didn't take a lot of people to bring him down, it took a hell of a lot of energy and even more pain.

While it did take a lot of energy and "20 minute" of bone breaking pain to bring him down, Hwang himself as the bad guy, did not really convince me with neither his looks, facial expressions, attitude nor his action in the movie as a "vicious" final bad guy.

I think Hwang Jang Lee is 10x more vicious in most role he's in just by looks alone.

While it did take a lot of energy and "20 minute" of bone breaking pain to bring him down, Hwang himself as the bad guy, did not really convince me with neither his looks, facial expressions, attitude nor his action in the movie as a "vicious" final bad guy.

I think Hwang Jang Lee is 10x more vicious in most role he's in just by looks alone.

I think if you mixed his appearance in Dragon Lord, with his grappling in Young Master, THEN he would've looked the "vicious role" far more!

spearman lo tat
Chang Shan Is my overall favorite villian I'll watch anything with him as the boss. (Shaolin v. Lama, Shaolin Temple Strikes Back), Seven Steps was the standout though, I mean he just wouldn't go down. Pai Mei was always great,my favorite Lo Leih character. As far as Shaw Brothers goes I also liked Ku-Feng with his Iron Gloves in Avenging Eagle.

word up. Chang Shan was virtually unstoppable in Shaolin Temple Strikes Back. did his character actually die in the movie?

1, James Nam in Little superman, it took five of them and they still could not beat him down, he died of a heart attack!

2, Chen Sing in shaolin plot

3, Hwang Jang Lee in hellz wind staff

Guest WuxiaFan
Hwang Jang Lee in hellz wind staff

Second that!

How about these:

Goro Kuman (Toyoda Yaguma) - HAPKIDO

Hwang Jang Lee (Silver Fox) - SECRET RIVALS

Lo Lieh (Pai Mei) - EXECUTIONERS FROM SHAOLIN

Lo Lieh (Duan) - MAD MONKEY KUNG FU

Chen Hung-lieh (Jade-Faced Tiger) - COME DRINK WITH ME

Sammo Hung (Japanese thug) - WHEN TAEKWONDO STRIKES

BlackLamaFaction

All great stuff, Lo Leih and Hwang Jang Lee rarely disappoint and they've played so many villians. I've only seen Chen Sing play villians in a few films but they were all brutal. I wasn't aware of Sammo Hung playing a villian I need to watch that film. I'm suprised no one has mentioned Chang Yi I always thought he was one of the most vicious. Also Johnny Wang Lung Wei just for the sheer volume of villians he's played, does anyone know if he ever played a good guy? I know in Martial Club he was kind of good, but beside that.

"And I'm willing to convert to Buddism"................ "That's good, That's goooooooood"

Guest WuxiaFan
Also Johnny Wang Lung Wei just for the sheer volume of villians he's played, does anyone know if he ever played a good guy?

In MY YOUNG AUNTIE, he wasn't too bad (as in evil). The final fight between him and LKL is a true classic. IMO, one of the best ever filmed.

One Armed Boxer
Also Johnny Wang Lung Wei just for the sheer volume of villians he's played, does anyone know if he ever played a good guy?

Flash Future Kung Fu

.....watch at your peril!

A pretty cool topic, hope it's ok to bump.

For me, I'd have to say:

Chan Wai Man in 5 Element Ninjas

Chen Sing in the Magnificent, even when they've got him near death, he still pulls out a deathblow.

Lu Feng in Destroyers, or most Venom films for that matter. Usually takes 1 or more to take him down.

Wang Lung Wei in Lion vs. Lion. If those soldiers hadn't stormed the place and shot him, he'd have caught up to Wong Yu and put him away.

Chen Sing How about these? :

The Himalayan: Kills his brother, his Fake brother's father in-law, attempts to kill the wife, his own henchmen, and everyone else, just to steal their estate. :bigsmile:

The Deadly Strike: As I've stated here before, one sniff of his special snuff-bottle, and everyone dies!

The Fatal Flying Guillotine: As a hermit/recluse in the mountains, anyone who trespasses on his land he has their heads-giving chase with not one, but two guillotines!!! even abandoned his family to stay there and study his killing arts! ... Dude was completely mad!

2 Toothless Tigers-Wang Lung Wei, dude beats down just about everyone who's good or bad and it takes a tag team effort to finally put this guy down.

Knockabout-Liu Chia Yung. Same thing here, for an old man he's got a lot of endurance, and Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao get their asses handed to them and barely edge him out by using some thorny vine as a jump rope and Sammo's weight finally crushing him,lol.

Savage Killers-Lung Fei. Only through some trickery does Jimmy Wang Yu get the better of Betty...uh I mean Lung Fei in this one, who played a mean SOB here.

Yueh Hwa in Deadly Confrontations

Chen Sing in Shaolin Devil Shaolin Angel

Chang Yi in Challenge of Death

Tsai Hung in Crippled Kung Fu Boxer

Hwang Jang Lee in Invincible Armor

Tan Tao Liang in Heroine of Tribulations

O Yu Man in Evil Karate

Archived