Seven Samurai-ish movies

Guest HwangDi

Guest HwangDi

I know at least one (Beach of War Gods) but never seen it. You know, where the main theme is the heroes help out some poor village against ruthless bandits type movies!!

What are some other non-Japanese films like this from Shaw Brothers, GH, etc...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai

Savage 5, which is a Shaw Brothers production. A bunch of guys in a small town have to fight off an invasion of bandits.

Magnificent Warriors with Michelle Yeoh (from 1987) is another similar themed film, with chinese in a town fighting off an invading japanese platoon.

KFS

Guest Robert Ian Teller

Herioc Defenders is one I liked a lot. They also threw in a hero who may or may not be a secretly working for the invading Japanese. I've seen it listed as being from 1979. But it feels like it was probably made much earlier.

Guest teako170

Well, there's always "The Magnificent Seven." :)

Actually, I second kungfusamurai's recommendation of "The Savage 5." I really enjoyed this film.

Guest Shaolin Dog Paw

may sound like it doesnt fit but when you think about it...

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

small village sends him away to find those stones that will end the drought and save the village. Ive loved this series my whole life, anyone else?

13th Warrior

One of my all time favorite movies. I must have watched this about 20 times now. Everything was great about it. Its very similar to 7 samurai. Antonio and Toshiro both play an outcast in a group of seasoned warriors. An aged veteran of war leads the men, just like 7 samurai, and they band together to protect the village from bandits.

Archived