Kid With The Golden Arm - Media Blasters

clayk

instead of calling these Enhanced version, they should call it 30 plus year anniversary edition, i wouldn't mind that. Got my copy in, courtersy of Borders bookstore

Suppose, although 'Enhanced' could mean detracting from those bootlegs.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received an email from deepdiscount that Golden Arm was shipped today. Now, I have to wait another week for it to arrive. In the meantime, I have Red Cliff - Blu-ray, Hong Kong Godfather, Deadly Duo - Blu-ray, 14 Amazons, and Shaolon Handlock to bide my time.:D

ThreeSectionStaff
FYE HAD IT! YAY! FINALLY!!! However, unlike other times they've had Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock SB DVDs, they only had one copy... well, none now :tongue: Haven't had the chance to watch it yet, but I'm sure it's just as great as the other MB releases. Now, here's hoping the blu-ray of Heroes Two doesn't get delayed.

Lucky!

I drove to two of them today and no luck. :sad:

ThreeSectionStaff

My FYE finally got this!

Question for anyone who still has their older dub copies because I got rid of mine.

The chirping birds in those older versions?

For some reason I seem to remember them driving me nuts on the original version but

just wanted to double check since its been so long.

For reference it was during the booby trap scene and one other with Pai Wei after he gets the sand palm.

mine is backordered at DD. I didn't grab it until the sale was almost over because I figured it'd be safe to wait a while .. then the favorable reviews came out and I got excited and jumped on it. Can't wait to watch it! Gonna have to though .. still backordered. ;)

mine is backordered at DD. I didn't grab it until the sale was almost over because I figured it'd be safe to wait a while .. then the favorable reviews came out and I got excited and jumped on it. Can't wait to watch it! Gonna have to though .. still backordered. ;)

I'm in the same boat. My order partially shipped, but KWtGA is backorered still. WHat's their differnce with backordered, and items listed as open?

Got mine in the mail yesterday from DD (sorry to take that last copy, guys :wink: )

I watched the first half last night and started to fall asleep so I shut it off (not the fault of the movie---I was just tired!) and I'll finish it tonight. I never picked up the IVL of this, so this was the first time seeing it remastered and in original language. Awesome old-school goodness! Lo Meng is perfectly badass as he casually ignores the sword and axe blows to his impervious skin.

DD's site is all messed up, nectar. I have orders marked 'shipped' that are still backordered, items marked 'cancelled' that are open, etc etc. You can call them and ask any questions if you want to. The thing that's weird is that their computers all have the info correct but on their website half of it is wrong. For example I ordered a DVD on the 6th that was marked in stock, is still marked in stock to this day except my order is backordered .. usually they can take a week or two.

Yeah it's been awhile since I ordered from them. When I called the 2 customer service people were moreconfused than helpful lol.

DeepDiscount mailed oit mine last Mon. Still nothing has arrived.

Me and you are in the same boat my friend. DD is really getting on my last nerve. I mean other places offer free shipping and I usually get my item within a week, but no, not with deepdiscount.

well, keep in mind they probably get 70% of their annual business during these 'sales'.

back a few years ago the sales were even better .. I never even meant to become such an obsessive DVD collector but due to their sales before you know it I had hundreds ..

After two weeks of waiting, I finally received my copy of KWTGA from deepdiscount.

After two weeks of waiting, I finally received my copy of KWTGA from deepdiscount.

Hey guys are we talking uncut english audio? You know, like in the opening scene with Sun Chien?

I just finished watching this - it's a great release, but I did notice one slight problem. My player had a very hard time switching from chapter 14 to 15 - the drive started making noises and the video stuttered for a second or so. This only happens on the default edit of the film - the alternate edit does not have the same problem. I checked my disc and there are no scratches, smudges etc. so I think this must be a mastering issue.

Did anyone else notice this problem?

Maybe they implemented seamless branching and your player is struggling to play it smoothly?

DeathFuMaster
I just finished watching this - it's a great release, but I did notice one slight problem. My player had a very hard time switching from chapter 14 to 15 - the drive started making noises and the video stuttered for a second or so. This only happens on the default edit of the film - the alternate edit does not have the same problem. I checked my disc and there are no scratches, smudges etc. so I think this must be a mastering issue.

Did anyone else notice this problem?

Are you sure it isn't switching layers?

Are you sure it isn't switching layers?

It might be a layer switch, but I could hear the drive in the player trying to read the disc and the picture actually froze/stuttered while this was happening. That has never happened on any of my other discs with this player (an Oppo BDP-80).

masterofoneinchpunch
It might be a layer switch, but I could hear the drive in the player trying to read the disc and the picture actually froze/stuttered while this was happening. That has never happened on any of my other discs with this player (an Oppo BDP-80).

Same thing happened to me last night (finally found this at FYE yesterday). I was thinking I hope this is not another issue then it went on. It was very noticable. I have an older R1 player. I've had the same thing happen with Brave Archer, but I think this was more noticable.

emeraldforest

is this release really of the UN-CUT version of this film?

all English versions in curculation for the last 30 years had many minutes, mostly dialogue, cut from the original.

masterofoneinchpunch
English dub sounds good, though I've only listed to about a minute of it:tongue: No real extras other than an easter egg I found, stills and one of those new trailers. Stills gallery includes pics of the Panmedia releases:neutral:

Got it at Suncoast.

Did you find the other easter egg where the arm highlights gold on the "extras" screen? (one of those screens that displays the lead character). Not a great extra, but was fun to find.

Archived