Kid With The Golden Arm - Media Blasters

clayk

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Hey, 3's not too bad:tongue:

This and 5EN, I NEED the English dub for these. Hopefully they come out, some day.

This and 5EN, I NEED the English dub for these. Hopefully they come out, some day.

I have the dubs for both of these, uncut I believe, but of course "old school" on bootleg videotapes from years ago. It'd be nice to hear Celestial's fixed up English dubs. "Fixed up" meaning clear sounding, not remixed music and new overlayed sound effects :tongue:

Killer Meteor
I have the dubs for both of these, uncut I believe, but of course "old school" on bootleg videotapes from years ago. It'd be nice to hear Celestial's fixed up English dubs. "Fixed up" meaning clear sounding, not remixed music and new overlayed sound effects :tongue:

I don't like the dub for Five Element Ninja. Sounds like one guy whose balls haven't dropped trying to dub EVERYONE

Kid With The Golden Arm is at least the regular Shaw dubbers lot

Morgoth Bauglir

I would have just gotten a boot by now sinced I need the dub, but I'm hoping for a good remastered dub. Hopefully it's not like Flag of Iron. People here said that that release didn't sound so good.

Killer Meteor
I would have just gotten a boot by now sinced I need the dub, but I'm hoping for a good remastered dub. Hopefully it's not like Flag of Iron. People here said that that release didn't sound so good.

I thought the Flag Of Iron dub was ok on its mono track. maybe its the remixed 5.1 option people are having problems with.

5en comes out tuesday!

Can't wait for this....well I can for another 3 months of so........but at least after MB pushes back a title it usually comes out on the date it's pushed back too. :squigglemouth:

Yay, cover art! Making progress! :tongue: Now, let's see if the blu-ray of Deadly Duo makes it out on time as well.

whitesnake

Media Blasters has the Iron Bodyguard DVD and blu-ray combo listed as shipping on August 31.

They could simply be out of stock??

Others have said their copies shipped from various on line places. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Morgoth Bauglir

Hopefully this is like 5 Element Ninja and it's just delayed a couple weeks.

OldPangYau

Went to FYE to see if they had it, no luck. The lady even tried to make it sound like FYE was never going to carry it!

Meanwhile, they had The Deadly Duo on blu-ray. Now, I'd be upset that they got it before I did, but considering I paid about $14 online as opposed to the $25 FYE was selling it for... yeah, I don't feel so bad anymore.

As for Golden Arm, wonder if anyone can vouch that their copy showed up. Media Blasters and their "unofficial delays"... I think they're worse than the official ones. At least in that case you know what the new release date is!

Even if this really is delayed, I guess I'm not too upset... but only because I was considering holding out for a hopeful blu-ray release. I may be too optimistic, but one good sign is that they are planning on releasing the blu-ray of Iron Bodyguard at the end of August.

I just don't know if I can wait another 6+ months to see KwtGA, because I have yet to see this movie in any format; especially when I hear that this is such a great classic in many people's oppinion.

OldPangYau
Even if this really is delayed, I guess I'm not too upset... but only because I was considering holding out for a hopeful blu-ray release. I may be too optimistic, but one good sign is that they are planning on releasing the blu-ray of Iron Bodyguard at the end of August.

I just don't know if I can wait another 6+ months to see KwtGA, because I have yet to see this movie in any format; especially when I hear that this is such a great classic in many people's oppinion.

Well, in the case of Iron Bodyguard, the blu-ray is being released simultaneously with the DVD. Since a blu-ray of KWTGA was not released at the same time as the DVD, it'll probably be pushed back to the end of the "rotation" for possibly blu-rays since they're working on titles from the previous batch right now. Deady Duo is the first, then Heroes Two. I'm not sure if they decided to work on blu-rays of any of the others from the previous ten releases or if they're just doing those two. Also, like I mentioned before, not all of the previous ten films had HD masters to work with, one of which being The Master... which was also the only non-anamorphic release of the batch.

So in short, if you don't want to wait long to see KWTGA again, I suggest just caving in and buying the DVD (whenever you can find it!). It'll probably be a while before they decide to do a blu-ray as well.

Well, in the case of Iron Bodyguard, the blu-ray is being released simultaneously with the DVD. Since a blu-ray of KWTGA was not released at the same time as the DVD, it'll probably be pushed back to the end of the "rotation" for possibly blu-rays since they're working on titles from the previous batch right now. Deady Duo is the first, then Heroes Two. I'm not sure if they decided to work on blu-rays of any of the others from the previous ten releases or if they're just doing those two. Also, like I mentioned before, not all of the previous ten films had HD masters to work with, one of which being The Master... which was also the only non-anamorphic release of the batch.

Yeah, I see your point, and I think I'll take your advice. I just have this compulsion to only buy the very best. Yet at the same time, I am very cheap, especially when it comes to double dipping - not a good combination.

OldPangYau
Yeah, I see your point, and I think I'll take your advice. I just have this compulsion to only buy the very best. Yet at the same time, I am very cheap, especially when it comes to double dipping - not a good combination.

I'm the same way in regards to getting "the very best". However, since I'm also a collector, and those damn DVDs have spine numbers on them, I can't help but fall prey to buying the DVD version to keep the collection going :xd:

I'm the same way in regards to getting "the very best". However, since I'm also a collector, and those damn DVDs have spine numbers on them, I can't help but fall prey to buying the DVD version to keep the collection going :xd:

It's bloody good marketing!:tongue:

kungfusamurai

I don't like double dipping either. At this point, if a regular DVD looks good upconverted on my blu ray player, I'm not bothering with buying the blu ray disc.

KFS

Archived