Kid With The Golden Arm - Media Blasters

clayk

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazon has this up for pre-order with the current release date of December 29th.

Huh... would've expected cover art for Five Elements Ninjas prior to this... but this is good news too! Too bad it's the first tuesday right AFTER Christmas though... maybe I can get a gift card in my stocking :wink:

I clicked on the HK Flix ad for KWTGA on the front page, goes to their website and this is the first thing is says:

HKFlix Says: We really disliked this film.

Great marketing guys!

Morgoth Bauglir

Maybe the staff at hkflix aren't kf fans. They must not like Super Ninjas either. And I agree this probably won't help their sales!

Chinatown Kid

KWTGA is a quintessential Venom movie to me, filled with great comic book type characters and great atmosphere. Loved Kuo Chui's fights with Lo Mang and Sun Chien in the finale.

From what I noticed some people are quite outspoken on their site, and reviews which they sensor. You definitively won't help your sales making comments like that. Just read what they say about Transformer2 review, they won't help their sales bashing their own products like that. They may not have liked it, but its better not to say anything.

Normally I'd appreciate an honest opinion but in this case I just don't agree, its a good flick! I know their review is old, it still has the cover from the Ground Zero release. Its just funny they'd pay for an ad that links to their old info and even funnier that they didn't like it. It may not be the very best venoms movie as far as martial arts goes but its pretty good, the story and characters are what make this one fun.

TibetanWhiteCrane
From what I noticed some people are quite outspoken on their site, and reviews which they sensor. You definitively won't help your sales making comments like that. Just read what they say about Transformer2 review, they won't help their sales bashing their own products like that. They may not have liked it, but its better not to say anything.

I love that they give their honest opinions, instead of lying for profits sake!

instant noodles

It`s not exactly great movie,by venoms standard tiny bit below average.For it`s credits there is action almost nonstop and Golden Arm Kid is great character.I likely pick dubbed release if there is some nice extra features.

One needs to see this anyway if likes venoms even a little bit...

The Silver Fox

The Kid with the Golden Arm isn't a great film by any stretch of the imagination but it has a kitschy sort of charm that makes it a classic in my book. I have the IVL so I'm not double dipping for Media Blasters.

instant noodles

I saw dubbed vhs awfully long time ago and remember Lo Meng has some extremely cool sentences like "do not worry these men are all gonna die".geez,as said not my fav venom flick but when think more about it...media blaster have one customer here

I loved this movie, and actually enjoyed it more than The Five Venoms. In all honesty, I was a bit underwhelmed by The Five Venoms. Don't get me wrong, it's a great kung fu flick..it just didn't live up to the hype for me. I felt tha KWTGA was a more entertaining movie, and I loved the fight choreography in it. I already have the IVL release of this one, but I might pick up this edition as well.

Media Blasters said that they don't know if KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM will be affected by the schedule shuffling that's happening. They said that so far, the release date has not changed but they will let me know if something changes.

Media Blasters said that they don't know if KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM will be affected by the schedule shuffling that's happening. They said that so far, the release date has not changed but they will let me know if something changes.

Well, I remember there was some kind of semi-shuffle around the time of Martial Club and Brave Archer, wasn't there? I think only one got delayed, while the other stayed on time... even though the numbers were temporarily out of order (from 4 to 6 to 5, I think)

DAMN IT! COME ON MEDIA BLASTERS! You've got some of the best Shaw Bros releases, but so many delays!

I'm guessing this could be to keep the releases on track, with Five Element Ninjas being next. Guess we'll see if the Deadly Duo blu-ray stays on track or not as well...

Great pushed back......BUT.........with it being the Holiday season could work out for my wallet in the end. :angel:

i cant find a date.. what date was it pushed to?

This is one of my favorite Venom movies. Kick back and relax. Easy to follow. Lo Meng arms a little fake while blocking swords and axes, but who cares? His mantis style is so cool! and Where can i find wine that agent agent Hi-Toe drinks?

By the way does anyone knows if "Iron Flag" with eng dub has been remastered?

Where can i find wine that agent agent Hi-Toe drinks?

More than likely Chinese white wine, or what we call moon shine just it's rice based, you'll have to go to China or Asia for it(depending on where you live), it'll suck the breath out of you, like drinking jetfuel.

Archived