The A-Team (2010) - Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quentin "Rampage" Jackson, Sharlto Copley

AlbertV

Couldn't find a thread for this, but if there is, please add this :)

Shooting began almost two weeks ago on the big screen adaptation of the 1980's classic series The A-Team.

Liam Neeson plays A-Team leader John "Hannibal" Smith, Bradley Cooper plays Templeton "Faceman" Peck, Quentin Jackson is B.A. Baracus (Yes it has been confirmed by Variety and the Vancouver Sun, as the film is being shot in Vancouver), and just recently confirmed, District 9's Sharlto Copley is "Mad Dog" Murdock.

Jessica Biel is in final talks to play an Army General who is also an ex-girlfriend of Faceman.

Joe Carnahan is directing with Ridley Scott, Jules Daly, and series creator Stephen J. Cannell producing.

Edited by AlbertV

i remember when this was talked about in 2000 or so. Back then, the actors were Mel Gibson as Hannabal, Ving Rhames as BA, Jim Carrey as Howlin Mad, and i forget about face. Nice that they're finally making it now.

A shot of the new A-Team

(From Left) Quentin Jackson as B.A. Baracus, Liam Neeson as Hannibal, Sharlto Copley as Mad Dog, and Bradley Cooper as Face

hr_The_A-Team_1.jpg

Guest Markgway
Liam Neeson plays A-Team leader John "Hannibal" Smith, Bradley Cooper plays Templeton "Faceman" Peck, Quentin Jackson is B.A. Baracus (Yes it has been confirmed by Variety and the Vancouver Sun, as the film is being shot in Vancouver), and just recently confirmed, District 9's Sharlto Copley is "Mad Dog" Murdock.

Liam Neeson is the only one I've heard of. Guess it's cheaper to go for unknowns. lol

Jessica Biel is in final talks to play an Army General

Am I reading this right?

Cognoscente
On 9/24/2009 at 12:30 AM, massa_yoda said:

i remember when this was talked about in 2000 or so. Back then, the actors were Mel Gibson as Hannabal, Ving Rhames as BA, Jim Carrey as Howlin Mad, and i forget about face. Nice that they're finally making it now.

The Face substitute was going to be Christian Bale.

• Like 3

Never seen this movie. I was never a big fan of the A-Team tv show. Even when I was little, I found it ridiculous how they could fire so many bullets and nobody ever get killed. It just doesn't work that way. lol

• Like 3

Cognoscente

I preferred Magnum P.I. (the template for The A-Team) because people actually got shot, and even some of the victims or general good guys/gals wouldn't survive due to plot armour.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

This is a bizarre coincidence as I actually watched this movie yesterday (without prior knowledge of this thread). It's utterly dismal. Half-cocked action sequences, a script worthy of so much eye rolling it's exhausting and poor Jessica Biel in a role anyone could have played...and by anyone I mean someone like my aunt. It's that lackadaisical.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cognoscente said:

I get the impression that Jessica Biel was cast because of her resemblance to Kate Beckinsale.

Didn't they work together in the Total Recall remake?

• Like 3

Cognoscente

Yep, which makes it all the more sad that the resemblance wasn't exploited further in that remake. The writers could have written in a sub-plot involving a jealousy-tinged love triangle involving sibling rivalry.

• Like 3