The eunuch ....kung fu.....or not?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

The Shaw Brother movie:

'The Eunuch'.

Has anyone seen it? Is it a kung fu movie?

It is said it was Pai Ying's second movie after Touch of Zen. He plays the evil eunuch in this film.

Any tips on this one.

Thanks.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

No one has seen this film.................................................................... Is that right!

Gd y-y

The 70's film, THE EUNUCH? I have it. Yes, it's a martial arts film. I don't remember a lot from it, but I do remember the Eunuch in the film is a right evil bastard.

It is a Wuxia Pian indeed - and not a bad one at all!

Chung Hua and Chiao Chiao take on a true villain who has killed the emperor and taken the throne to oppress the empire. As it turns out, the eunuch has fathered CHiao's character before becoming said figure and that complicates the revenge story as she has filial feelings despite realizing that he is viscious and power hungry beyond belief. Yeung Chih Hing shines as a brave partiot and supreme master who gets the two young fighters together and teaches them how to overcome the eunuch and his army of lackeys.

Don't let the title put you off - this is vintage Shaw Wuxia with some twists!

Here is a little something to wet the appetite:

testsw.jpg

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Thanks SadShawFan. A friend of mine is going to download this for me. I am very pleased. It should be a real treat.

GD Y-Y

Not to discourage you: just rewatched it and I found it to be an about average wuxia pian. The fights are decent (swords and bamboo sticks, one mano a mano), some awkward wireflying but a reasonable plot. I just didn't find the leads very compelling.

Archived