Opening theme sources for Delinquent and Man of Iron?

OldPangYau

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on these. Does anyone have any idea where the opening themes to these two films were sourced from? I know a portion of the theme from The Delinquent was taken from Pink Floyd's "The Grand Vizier's Garden Party (Entertainment)" (also used in the Cantonese version of The Big Boss), but I can't figure out the source of the guitar riffs or "wailing chorus".

Also, I'm just trying to figure out Man of Iron in general :tongue: For all I know, the unknown samples I'm trying to find are DeWolfe sourced... in that case, I'll never figure it out! Any help?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to find the original source for the opening theme to Man Of Iron, also that guitar solo from when Chen Kuan Tai crashed through that house on his motorcycle, which was also used in the motorcycle chase in The Delinquent. I love that!

That wailing chorus and guitar on the opening theme to The Delinquent was from an Alice Cooper song. I don't know which song but I'm positive of this because about 3 years ago I was in a tattoo shop with a friend of mine and while he was getting worked on, the tattoo artist had an Alice Cooper CD playing and I distinctly heard that familiar wailing chorus and guitar and I had to ask him who it was and he said it was Alice Cooper. I suggest checking his earlier work like KILLER, SCHOOL'S OUT, or BILLION DOLLAR BABIES. Any kung movie fan who also happens to be an Alice Cooper fan could be of some help.

Any Alice Cooper fans out there?

Thanks for the heads up. I'm currently "perusing" samples of Alice Cooper songs, but still having trouble. It's gotta be around somewhere! Maybe I can find an Alice Cooper message board :tongue:

Hey, I DID find an Alice Cooper message board... AND I found the name of the music used! "Killer", the title track from the album of the same name, is what's mixed with Pink Floyd to create the opening theme. I still don't know what the "punching" synthesizer sound is (also used in the finale when Wang Chung is about to tackle Tung Lam), but everything else I found!

This being said, I'm planning on mixing the remastered elements together from both music tracks to recreate a remastered version of the opening theme from The Delinquent! Thanks big time Shaolivevil for pointing me in the right direction!

Archived