Bad Blood- new Dennis Law film

mark187

Legendary Assassin not being on Blu ray save me from purchasing this movie :bigsmile:

ahah lol

so i'm not the only one who didnt like that movie xD

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the fights in this.

Andy On - Luxia Jiang

Andy On - Xin Xin Xiong

are worth watching. Ken Lo didn't really get much shine after the very beginning. Bernice Liu is whatever. She's got broad shoulders compared to Luxia Jiang, so kudos to her I guess. Skipping around between fights I don't get the feeling I missed anything in regards to the movie. Surprisingly, they have some serviceable actors in this, but they didn't really add anything at all.

Bad Blood 滅門

Bad Blood

V21240-D.jpg

Director: Dennis Law

Staring: Simon Yam, Andy On, Eddie Cheung, Bernice Liu, Chris Lai, Pinky Cheung, Chan Wai Man, Hung Yan Yan, Lo Wai Kwong, Jiang Lu Xia, Chun Yam Mi

Synopsis:

走私集團“同聯順”首腦駱祥安(張輝)在一宗走私人民幣偽鈔電版案中在內地被捕、處決。蛇無頭不行,在祥安死,同聯順發生爭權事件。祥安的遺囑繼而更引發一連串陰謀刺殺。家族主要成員被一一謀害。本來相安無事駱家上下,忽然變得人人自危。

誰是這暗殺行動的主謀?是專橫跋滬的養子祥富(任達華)…外柔內剛的四妹麗萍(廖碧兒)…沉默寡言的殘廢的小牛(安志杰)…文質彬彬的小弟祥福(黎諾懿)…集團內一眾各懷鬼胎的同姓兄弟(陳惠敏、盧惠光、熊欣欣)…家內眾爭權奪利的妻妾(張文慈、覃恩美)…還是和駱家有神秘關係的啞女(蔣璐霞)?

究竟是誰如此心狠手辣,不殺盡駱氏全家不快?殺機四伏,血戰連場。未打到最後一戰仍未能知曉誰才是真正的“滅門者”。

Saw it the otherday,nothing special to be honest i was pretty disappointed with it was expecting more.

i dunno what to do... i read the review in lovehkfilm and it doesnt seem really good

i dont want to get myself a coweb-alike movie..

Well the fights are much better than those in Coweb (well the ones with Andy On and Jiang Lu Xia are good, some of the other fights aren't so good), plot wise it starts off as a typical low budget gangster/ma flick then becomes ridiculous in the last quarter.

Not the worst movie ever. Some call it pretentious, style-over-substance bore, but I thought it's entertaining enough to watch it once and re-watch some scenes later. Some fights are good( the best one I think was the garage fight( mmm, those HK garage fights!), some are very plain involving unnecessary wirework , but overall, the action was decent with a couple of moments that made me jump. Slimmed down Andy On never looked better, Jiang Lu Xia was OK. A couple of twists kept me interested, although they looked totally out of place. Better than Dennis Law's previous effort - Fatal Move, IMO

Better than Dennis Law's previous effort - Fatal Move, IMO

I won't disagree considering I mostly watched the fights in this one (and Fatal Move wasn't very good), but Fatal Move had that Wu Jing - Sammo fight which is obviously going to be better than any fight in Bad Blood.

I loved the movie, it felt like a real Hong Kong action film, you know the type they made a ton of the 1980s and we all loved, plot and the twists were a bit wacky, but the fighting was a banquet of action! It also felt like a girls fighting (since they don't use guns) type of movie too. It felt like a throwback, but one they didn't just play up things for nostalgia points, but made a movie that would be right at home with films of that era.

It was also interesting to see an Mainland Chinese execution on screen. It's something that rarely gets shown on screen. Johnnie To even kept it out of the final cut of Election 2. Besides the gag in From Beijing with Love, a direct recreation to a PRC execution is something you will never normally see.

The fighting was excellent for me, creative and powerful choreography. God Bless Dennis Law for making HONG KONG films! The Blu-ray (which IIRC is ABC) is gorgeous looking too.

I hope Cine-asia is releasing this in the UK. I have email them today so hopefully I can confirm.

Let us know when you get a response .:bigsmile:

Here is Cine-Asia response to my email, looks like they do not have it currently:

The easiest way to keep up to date with what is coming out is to check out our website

www.cine-asia.co.uk

I don’t currently have Bad Blood on the list of titles I am working on but the titles being acquired and hitting the release schedule is a constantly increasing list, and as soon as something is agreed there is a note put on the site.

Regards

Steve

Here is Cine-Asia response to my email, looks like they do not have it currently:

The easiest way to keep up to date with what is coming out is to check out our website

www.cine-asia.co.uk

I don’t currently have Bad Blood on the list of titles I am working on but the titles being acquired and hitting the release schedule is a constantly increasing list, and as soon as something is agreed there is a note put on the site.

Regards

Steve

cheers BLfan:bigsmile:

I'm confused Yesasia has the HK dvd available, HKFlix say June 5?

Good and bad I guess.

I felt the acting was very weak and there wasn't much of a storyline. I enjoyed the fight scenes though. I thought they were better choreographed here then in Coweb. Fast paced, and wires weren't overused. Andy On vs Luxia Jiang was good while it lasted. Luxia Jiang also had some good fights on her own against multiple opponents. She got to show some kicking and use of her rope weapon.

Andy On vs Xin Xin Xiong was probably the best fight of the movie for me but again it was pretty short. Andy On and Luxia Jiang teaming up against Chan Wai Man, Ken Lo and their henchmen was also decent. The only fights I weren't into were with Bernice Liu and Simon Yam. The one on one finale was also very disappointing.

It's worth seeing at least for the fights.

I got to see the film yesterday and like some, I agree the plot is just blah, only because you knew what was going to happen from the getgo. However, I was impressed with the action scenes. My two favorite fights were Andy On vs. Xiong Xin-Xin and the On and Jiang Luxia against Michael Chan, Ken Low, and goons.

I did notice something though. In the finale, did it look like Bernice Liu was using more Japanese karate as she looked as if she was posing like she was more of a karateka than a kickboxer or kung fu expert. I could be wrong, but I was under that impression.

Plus, I noticed Law used a similar plot element in this film and in FATAL CONTACT. I call it the connection of "the quiet fighter and the strong female". In Fatal Contact, Kong was manipulated by Tin to fight in the underground fights.

****SPOILER****

In this film, Calf, the quiet fighter, was manipulated by Audrey (the strong female) only to take the fall in the end of the connection when she stabs him from behind on the rooftop when she is in between buildings.

One Armed Boxer
I loved the movie, it felt like a real Hong Kong action film, you know the type they made a ton of the 1980s and we all loved, plot and the twists were a bit wacky, but the fighting was a banquet of action! It also felt like a girls fighting (since they don't use guns) type of movie too. It felt like a throwback, but one they didn't just play up things for nostalgia points, but made a movie that would be right at home with films of that era.

I just got through watching this movie & I have to say I completely agree with gfanikf...it's a real throw back to the insance flicks we all know & love from the 80's! There are some great one against multiple opponent fights that include some wince inducing falls (the poor stunt man who falls from the top of the container onto the road via bouncing off the car springs to mind)...& to complete the nostalgic feel there is a bunch of completely ridiculous and crazy scenes that make no sense whatsoever (the main character taking on and killing a group of fighters for no reason whatsoever!?).

I guess as well that because the film is about gangsters, the Chinese censors also didn't have a problem with something we haven't had in a modern HK action movie for a long time...a completely nilhistic ending!

Of course it's true that Dennis Law has a long way to go in the directing department...but really, who watches these movies for the direction!? I've never seen one discussion about 'Fist of Legend' which focuses on the directing merits of Gordon Chan, of course it's about the action. However Law's apparent fondness for filming people walking can make a great drinking game, he has to fill out the running time somehow I suppose, still, better shots of people walking than a sub-plot involving some Hong Kong pop idols falling in love or whatever!

daisho2004

OK I finally got a chance to watch this movie last night and I thought the action scenes for the most part were Awesome. Bernice Liu's fighting was a little to staged for me, but Luxia Jiang is a real M.A. Champion and she was off the hook! I watch the making of this movie and all the Actors did there own stunts and a lot of them got banged up while making this movie. I do agree the plot was to predictable I wish it had more of a mystery to it. But overall an excellent action movie.

dionbrother

I'm down with GFanik. This is like Frankie Chan's BURNING AMBITION. Not much in the plot or story, a bit laughable in fact, but great hand-to-hand fight scenes and refreshingly unpretentious.

One Armed Boxer

Just a heads up, this movie is being released on region 1 DVD on February 28th under the completely unnecessary re-title of 'King of Triads'....for anyone who hasn't seen it and is a fan of the 80's modern-day kickboxing movies, I'd class this movie as a must-see.

512jcmHyQTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I recently watched this movie finally after purchasing the blu ray. The action sequences are well done. Andy-On, Xin Xin Xiong and Luxia Jiang are the best thing in the movie including the old woman who played the wife who has an amusing scene in the movie. The rest of the movie is very badly acted and the plot was poor in my opinion.

Archived