Knight of Old Cathay Screencaps

Guest gfanikf

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest falkor

Crash have presented a PERFECT reel-2-DVD transfer; the 16:9 print is GLASS!!! You can't expect better than that from a small company... Personally, I'm not fussed about remastered picture/subs etc. I missed out on the late night scene because I wasn't even thought of at the time, so I'm just thankful to see on my TV screen what the previous generation saw on the theatre screen. That way, the whole experience is much more authentic. I love these rare vintage films left the way they are--unedited, sharp picture, original subs, scratches etc. It really great; reminds me that I'm watching an old 60s swordplay film that could have been lost forever. Forget wasting time on remastering these kinds of films imo; Crash have done a marvellous job transferring/releasing them with proper speed. No messing around... It reminds me of the Mormans microfilming parish registers from all the churches around the country--save the transcriptions for somebody else! :D The Mormans are high level mate! ;)

Peter Yang and Suen Yuet put on excellent acting performances in Knight of Old Cathay; bloody hell, Peter is a born and bred actor! This guy should have been in hollywood films, mate. :lol Check out his blood-shot eyes, too!! 8o That sedan chair scene was wicked (check it at the start of the original trailer). You know, I didn't realise at first, but it seems this film is a Union production! :eek

More power to Crash!!!

old1.jpg

old2.jpg

Archived