Which is Stronger, Karate or Tiger?

Karlos

It's likely someone will apply the dub to this version of Karate or Tiger; subs are a more remote possibility.

I know, I guess hoping for someone to sub it properly is just wishful thinking on my part. Maybe someone who can help will see this thread?

At any rate, I agree that an alternate cut of Bloodfight would be great.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is Stronger: Karate or the Tiger (1976) [DVD]

Film

Standard karate actioner brings little new to the genre other than the tiger, but works fine as a solid genre film. It doesn’t quite reach the level of director Kazuhiko Yamaguchi’s earlier beast flicks (Karate Bullfighter, Karate Bearfighter), but the choreography is well done, Yasuaki Kurata makes a strong Bruce Lee imitation, and the soundtrack swings like a tiger. Only the final cat fight comes out slightly clumsy but that’s forgivable as it’s no teddy bear but a real cat Kurata is wrestling with.

DVD

R2J Toei. A notch dark, but solid tranfer with typically strong audio. Unusually for a Toei release, there's a brief new Kurata press conferesnce which was conducted for the recent Kurata releases (Red Tears, Yellow Dragon, Karate or the Tiger). Stills gallery + trailer with unused footage are also found on the disc.

karatt1_zps8b0b9e98.jpg

karatt2_zps20e30d08.jpg

karatt3_zps21f52163.jpg

karatt4_zpsb0081072.jpg

karatt5_zpsb28c6dab.jpg

karatt6_zps9efc3661.jpg

karatt7_zpsc4468062.jpg

Press conference

karatt8_zpsadbfac9b.jpg

Trailer

karatt9_zps0f720f73.jpg

Stills