The Sanctuary - new trailer

thedirtytiger

thedirtytiger

The Thai action movie 'The Sanctuary' directed by Thanapon Maliwan and starring Thailand's biggest actress Inthira Charoenpura, Thai action hero Mike B ( Pairote Boongerd ) and Hollywood star Russel Wong will be released in Thai cinemas on 8th October. Shortly after there will be a limited release in North America somewhere around the West coast which will hopefully expand into a larger release if it does good business.

There is a new official trailer online at

Please take a look at it and give your support if it plays near you. :bigsmile:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a lot fun! Always nice to see Russel Wong kicking ass once again. The vibe of the movie kind of reminded me of Born to Fight.

OK, I finally saw it.

Overall, I was a bit disappointed, but then again, I usually am.

First of all, there's hardly any footage left from Dead End. They even didn't use the mansion fight footage( even though it's shown in the trailer). Ron Smoorenburgs presence was cut to mere seconds - blink and you'll miss it. So, it's safe to say, that The Sanctuary is a totally new movie. The only scene that made it to the Sanctuary was the junk yard fight and it looked totally out of place.

The Sanctuary looks very cheap, even cheaper than the Dead End. Russel Wong has a very short exchange with Mike B, but it's not bad, I'd say it's average.The script is one of the stupidest I've ever seen, absolutely non coherent and laughable.

But the movie is not without entertaining value. There are some action bits that a nicely shot and choreographed. The opening fight is good - mostly weapons, then you've got Mike B taking on three baddies and there's a jungle warfare shootout with some stunt falls. While these scenes are not excellent or mindblowing, they are solid and I would say, a little above average.

There are some small and short bits also, but they are not anything to write home about.

So the best thing about the movie is the way they shot the fights - no insane camerawork, extreme angles, ADD editing. And no wires.

Personally, I liked it more, than Raging Phoenix

So the best thing about the movie is the way they shot the fights - no insane camerawork, extreme angles, ADD editing. And no wires.

That sounds appealing to me. I'll set my expectations low and probably enjoy it.

Thanks for the review!

watched this last night, mike b does some great falls, not all the fights were great but had some nice touches, russell wong did some nice handworkk/locks at the end, but mike b is not a very likeable lead i must say.

I watched this one last night. A Thai action film about a guy fighting to save something stolen? No way!

While Mike B. does perform some impressive moves, his movies are just kind of there, sort of like low end Isaac Florentine ripoffs with Don "The Dragon" Wilson acting. On the plus side, this one isn't an editing and wire-work mess like the recent RAGING PHOENIX, JeeJa Yanin's disappointing wire-work laden follow up to CHOCOLATE (2008). I would say the last 15 minutes are worth the view as B. takes on three guys at once, good kicker Erik Markus Schuetz (also from Jaa's features) and Russel Wong (still looking good in his 40s).

Archived