Fun Poll of Fu Sheng's 1974 films.

MarsHarmony

Which is your favorite Fu Sheng film from 1974?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Fu Sheng film from 1974?

• Heroes Two
    • Men From the Monastery
    • Friends
    • Shaolin Martial Arts
    • Na Cha the Great
    • Five Shaolin Masters

Christmas 1974 = HK release date.

Forgive me for my ignorance but wasnt Siu Lum Ng Jo-Five Shaolin Masters released in 1975??? I am probably wrong but I've never heard it mentioned anywhere about it coming out in 74?? The Celestial cover may say it, I will have to check my 10 D.V.D boxset of Chang Cheh movies to see, but to be honest I find some of the dates on these sleeves seem to be wrong???

Anyway Hung Kuen Yu Wing Chun-Shaolin Martial Arts gets my vote.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enlist actors whom could play the role of Na Cha the demigod. Just curiosity.

I pondered about this for a few days and have come to think this thought-

The part of Na Cha the Great was tailor made for Fu Sheng.

If for some reason he had not been available to do it, perhaps Meng Fei might have done well with the role.

If the production was moved ahead a few years, Derek Yee, a.k.a. Ehr Tung Sheng, could have played the part.

If we really move the film up a few more years, a young Jet Li might have been interesting as the star.

All in all though, Fu Sheng is Na Cha, the best choice for the role.

If for some reason he had not been available to do it, perhaps Meng Fei might have done well with the role.

If the production was moved ahead a few years, Derek Yee, a.k.a. Ehr Tung Sheng, could have played the part.

If we really move the film up a few more years, a young Jet Li might have been interesting as the star.

All in all though, Fu Sheng is Na Cha, the best choice for the role.

I knew it! I kneeeeeeew it! :tongue: I thought in Meng Fei, Derek Yee, and young Jet Li. I think "Na Cha IS Alexander Fu Sheng".

This was a hard choice for me, but I voted for H2 as well. Yet I also love Chinatown Kid and Hong Kong Playboys. Fu Seng's nephew commented that Hong Kong Playboys remains his favorite film of his uncle because it's the only one where you can hear his actual voice. When he told me that, I went out and bought it. It's not much for action but Fu Sheng had a talent for comedy and it's hilarious. :biggrin:

Laura

Fu Seng's nephew commented that Hong Kong Playboys remains his favorite film of his uncle because it's the only one where you can hear his actual voice. When he told me that, I went out and bought it. It's not much for action but Fu Sheng had a talent for comedy and it's hilarious. :biggrin:

Laura

Hello Laura, is pretty nice to hear the "nose" voice of Alex in HK Playboys... peculiar.

Here we appreciate some details about the1974 film production. Do you like "Na Cha"?

I haven't watched Na Cha The Great as yet, and I love all the other ones mentioned in the poll, but I voted for Heroes Two. I liked how Fu Sheng depicts Fang Shi Yu's character using humor, force and cleverness, and how he wants to be punished after having done wrong with Hong Hsi Kuan and tries to save him at all costs.

Chu Liu Hsiang

Hehe I just did :) I don't regard it as an action film though, for that I would have choosen FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS. 

TibetanWhiteCrane

Alright... to each their own. I just find it insufferable and one of the worst of the Chang Cheh "youth rebellion" films.

Chu Liu Hsiang

I never got around to appreciate GENERATION GAP. Maybe I should give it another chance some day. I like DEAD END and THE DELINQUENT most in that category. YOUNG PEOPLE is sweet but in another league. 

45 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I just find it insufferable and one of the worst of the Chang Cheh "youth rebellion" films.

20 minutes ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I never got around to appreciate GENERATION GAP. Maybe I should give it another chance some day. I like DEAD END and THE DELINQUENT most in that category. YOUNG PEOPLE is sweet but in another league. 

I love Friends and the other ones mentioned in these quotes, and if I had to rank them, I would say Dead End, The generation gap, The delinquent, and finally Friends and Young people both ex aequo.

Archived