That maybe the most pointless answer to a reasonable question is ages... lol

The ones I'd recommend (and there are still a few I've yet to see):

The Blazing Temple

The 18 Bronzemen

Return of the 18 Bronzemen

The 7 Grandmasters

Sorrowful to a Ghost

Morgoth Bauglir

Unbeaten 28 is good. It's like a cheesy version of 36th Chamber.

World of Drunken Master has a bad story, but the fights are good. .

King of Kings is good. It's the only really old Kuo movie I've seen.

36 Deadly Styles is pretty stupid, but funny and good fights.

8 MAsters has a lot of good fights.

Shaolin Temple Strikes Back has some awesome fights.

Whitetiger is listing Phillip Ko movies. You may as well check those out too :tongue:

• Like 1

BlackLamaFaction

Damn my favorites have already been said.

I know World of Drunken Master is called a Drunken Master copy.But I prefer the kung fu in WODM Mark Long and Jack Long are just perfect on screen counterparts it's like some amazing dance.

The Cavalier(Lo Leih always makes a nasty villian)

Born Invincible(I always thought that was Carter Wong's best role at least what i have seen of him.)

The Unbeaten 28 (I know wasn't his best but i like Mark Long as the villian and his hat was pretty cool.The Mark Long/Jack Long fight was way to short though.Plus Kuo wrote produced and directed I think that was one of the few times he did).Does anyone know more about that?

• Like 1

I like many of the Mei Ah dvd's of his movies. They're all very cheap - the subs are somtimes awful - but the stories & characters are often colorful. Triangular Duel, The Rickshaw Driver, Chinese Iron Man, are all pretty cheap & fun to watch on a sunday afternoon. King of Kings is a cool older film. The 18 Bronzemen, Return of the 18 Bronzemen, The 7 Grandmasters, Born Invincible are all must-see movies. Shaolin Kids was the only one I really didn't like at all. The Blazing Temple didn't do much for me either. It's a story that's been told better by other filmmakers.

• Like 1

Two Wonderous Tigers

Master Killers

Bloody Tattoo aka The Loot

Duel of Seven Tigers

Tiger over Wall

to name a few...

Brain Fart!!

For some reason I answered thinking of Phillip Ku Fei

Let's make it right

World of the Drunken Master

Ninja Checkmate

8 Masters

You might check these out...

Sorry for first answer..Dah!!:crossedlips:

• Like 1

l love this guys stuff

I like Dragons Claws

18 Bronzemen

Mystery of Chess Boxing

7 Grandmasters

He has a lot good ones. This guy was an independent film maker. I always liked when there is commentary about the techniques of certain styles. Awesome

• Like 1

hey,

King of Kings worked quite well as a drama piece. One of the very best movies Fusian released.

Big co-sign. Son of Swordsman by Crash features largely the same cast, but there are many frame cuts.

• Like 1

thanks for the titles guys, I HATE all the frame cuts in chessboxing, noticed a few in Born Invincible too.

Ist there a decent dubbed release of World of Drunken Master? I'll probably grab the Mei Ah release but I like the cheesy dubbing with the old school flicks.

• Like 1

thanks for the titles guys, I HATE all the frame cuts in chessboxing, noticed a few in Born Invincible too.

Ist there a decent dubbed release of World of Drunken Master? I'll probably grab the Mei Ah release but I like the cheesy dubbing with the old school flicks.

I think that rarescope put this out in the UK.

• Like 1

kungfusamurai

At first I thought Joseph Kuo was an amazing film maker, until I became sensitive to his frame-cutting usage in the fight scenes. After that, I only really enjoy two of his films because they have the least amount of cutting: 7 Grandmasters, and Shaolin Temple Strikes Back. The other films aren't bad, but for me, the use of cutting to speed the action makes fights look jerky and artificial. It's the 70s kung fu film equivalent of excessive CGI as far as I'm concerned. :)

KFS

• Like 1

kungfusamurai

Unfortunately those Kuo DVDs from HK are horribly mastered. So much ghosting on there, you'd think they used a PAL source and converted it to NTSC. A real disappointment, but still worth checking out since they aren't that expensive.

KFS

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

I think the picture quality on the Mei Ah DVD of World Drunken is great. I don't know what the German release has. Dual languages and good pic quality?

• Like 1

Swordsman of all Swordsmen is another good early Kuo film. He also did two films for Shaw Bros. in the early 70s - Mission Impossible (not on DVD) and The Mighty One.

• Like 1

I think the picture quality on the Mei Ah DVD of World Drunken is great. I don't know what the German release has. Dual languages and good pic quality?

hey,

as i said, it has all the options you'd want. ;)

At first I thought Joseph Kuo was an amazing film maker, until I became sensitive to his frame-cutting usage in the fight scenes. After that, I only really enjoy two of his films because they have the least amount of cutting: 7 Grandmasters, and Shaolin Temple Strikes Back. The other films aren't bad, but for me, the use of cutting to speed the action makes fights look jerky and artificial. It's the 70s kung fu film equivalent of excessive CGI as far as I'm concerned. :)

KFS

Yep frame clipping is the bane of so many movies that in some cases could have been top graders- I've always thought Mystery of chess boxing and Born Invincible to be over-rated and the frame clipping played a large part in that

• Like 1

kungfusamurai

Shaolin Temple Strikes Back was a clear rip-off of Jet Lee's Shaolin Temple, but it did have some nice fights. I can't get enough of the finale, especially when Chang Shan goes up against the old monk. When he shoves his finger in, it seems like there's a weird jump in the versions I've seen on DVD (all of them George Tan sourced). Is it supposed to be gorier, like he pulls out guts or something?

oGGgcLDRfqo

KFS

• Like 1

kungfusamurai
What year was Shaolin Temple Strikes Back?

I think it was released in '81 or '82. The lead actor who plays the young warrior protecting the princess was also in War Of The Shaolin Temple (the Tai Seng DVD) from around 1980.

KFS

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

I think Chia Kai stuck his finger into Chang Shan’s stomach and that's it. Maybe someone who has the Thai version can confirm. I think the fight should have gone on a bit longer. Chang Shan’s character was fatigued, so maybe that’s how he got beat so easily. I guess I can always watch 7 Steps of KF when I want to see those 2 go at it.

• Like 1