• Master Killers
    • Boxer's Adventure
    • Shaolin Ex Monk
    • Shaolin Invincibles
    • Devil Killer
    • Imperial Sword
    • Mission Kiss and Kill

Morgoth Bauglir

I don’t see Blacky Ko talked about much. Of course, it doesn’t help that he’s not with us anymore. Pretty big loss for hk cinema, with his acting, stunts, directing, and action directing. Best of the Best (96) wouldn’t have been as good without his Bruce Lee imitation, and in Crime Story his name should have been Captain Smooth.

As far as oldschool movies go, he’s really good in Master Killers, probably his best fighting, but I have to go with Boxer’s Adventure as my fav. Hilarious performance, while still being a total badass. Lots of great characters in that movie.

I haven’t seen Mission Kiss and Kill. How is he in that? And list any others you can think of, from any year. I’m having trouble thinking of more good performances from him. He didn’t get a lot of big roles. Red Phoenix I think he just gets one fight. I haven’t seen it in awhile.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was very good in mission kiss and kill that is my favourite from him, i think he was more comfortable behind the scenes doing his action directing and doing his mad motorcycle stunts that was what he was famous for

Morgoth Bauglir

He may have been more comfortable behind the scenes and doing the motor stutns, but with over 100 movies he was in that’s a good # even for HK.

I have to get Mission Kiss and Kill. Any good versions?

As you said Morgoth, his best fighting was in Master Killers. That is my fav. amongst the titles listed. He was known as "Yuan Lung" at the time and the finale where he joined forced with Casanova Wong against Philip Ko is pretty good IMO.

What astounded me is that seeing him in the more recent fare, I never would imagine he would pull off some amazing gymnastics like he did in Master Killers.

Morgoth Bauglir

lol, yeah you woudn’t think he could do all those acrobatics when you look at him in a non oldschool movie. And the final fight in Master Killers is epic.

BlackLamaFaction

I haven't seen any of those films, although I've heard only great stuff about Master Killers. I have seen Deadly Silver Spear and thought that was pretty good. Does that fit the criteria of a Blacky Ko film?

Morgoth Bauglir

Master Killers is a horrible movie, but the fights are top notch.

I haven't seen Deadly Silver Spear. Good performance from Blacky? I'm guessing he's like a lead henchman?

BlackLamaFaction

Yes it was, the movie's a riot, complete with underwater swordfights, attacking skelletons,and the weapon Chang Yi gets made for him for the last fight resembles a small UFO with blades.I was confused about Blackie Ko. I assume he goes by Sau-Leung as well?

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah Sau Leung is his name. Most of the time he is called Blacky or Darkie, but I don’t know exactly when that started. And I’ll check out Deadly Silver Spear when I can. Sounds good.

Hi guys, my first post in a while cos my computer is broke. Damn technology! Could anyone tell me if you can get Master Killers on DVD, and from where?

Morgoth Bauglir

I got it in the Videoasia Grindhouse Collection 2. It's from the Ocean Shores tape. I think there's a wide version. Maybe German? This is usually where Thundered Mantis comes in and gives a link...

Archived