Lone Wolf & Cub TV series

Omni Dragon

I think i saw a bit of Lone Wolf & Cub on youtube also i saw it for sale on amazon has anyone seen it? & how good was it?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just recently bought Lone Wolf and Cub TV Collection 1 but still haven't taken it out of the plastic. Anyone seen some episodes? I'm wondering how it stacks up compared to the movies.

This tv show KICKS ASS. Actually, the movies are a bit over the top for my taste, and the tv show tones it down just enough for me. Great stories, acting, action, music, camera work---I love this show.

This tv show KICKS ASS. Actually, the movies are a bit over the top for my taste, and the tv show tones it down just enough for me. Great stories, acting, action, music, camera work---I love this show.

Yeah thanks for the info i might it at some point

jrcma: This series is hands down totally awesome! It just fills in a lot of the gaps that the movies couldn't. At times the action scenes were OK to totally Awesome. I had gotten the entire series off a trade a while back but my copies were fair to poor. But this company that is releasing them are never gonna finish the entire 3 seasons I bet you anything. I was hoping they would but you can see that there not gonna do it. And that is a shame because I'm dying to get a remastered edition of this series.

jrcma: This series is hands down totally awesome! It just fills in a lot of the gaps that the movies couldn't. At times the action scenes were OK to totally Awesome. I had gotten the entire series off a trade a while back but my copies were fair to poor. But this company that is releasing them are never gonna finish the entire 3 seasons I bet you anything. I was hoping they would but you can see that there not gonna do it. And that is a shame because I'm dying to get a remastered edition of this series.

thanks for that, would anyone say it's one of the greatest tv series of all time? i would say it's one of Japans greatest film series of all time.

instant noodles

I watched 4 episodes and while it`s enjoyable I was not extremely impressed.Movies capture atmosphere of excellent comic books better.Violence was mild,of course as made for TV.

However if they release whole serie on box sets I 100% certainly pick it.

Like I said don't get to hooked on it because there not going to make any more of this series. This company really screwed us here! Hopefully AnimEigo might try to get the rights back and fix it once and for all. And everyone should email them and ask them for it! But for the record this series was totally Awesome!

There won't be anymore of this series for the time being. TS is trying to figure out how to make these releases profitable. I guess they are feeling the pinch of the economy.

Media Blasters is releasing Lone Wolf and Cub TV series Collection 2 on June 22, 2010:

http://www.media-blasters.com/main.html

This is a lower priced collection of (12?) episodes they previously released on separate discs as Volumes 4, 5 and 6. I'm very psyched for this. I love this show, but I held off buying those separate releases because of the price.

daisho2004

Its still a waste because I don't think there ever going to complete this entire series that last 3 seasons!

daisho2004

zfdrew50: You need to read my review of this series in the Japanese section at the top of the page in the section Samurai Movies & there sequels. This series is totally awesome.

Does anyone know if anybody's ever compiled a full list of which Manga stories each Episode is based on? I'm wondering if all 142 Manga stories were covered in the 79 episodes or if some were missed?

I know someone did this for the first 9 episodes at least, 'cause a friend said he found it on a website (though he can't remember which one), but does a complete list exist somewhere?

Episode 1 = SON FOR HIRE, SWORD FOR HIRE

Episode 2 (*banned ep.) = PERFORMER

Episode 2 = WINGS TO THE BIRDS, FANGS TO THE BEAST + EXECUTIONER'S HILL

Episode 3 = ONE STONE BRIDGE

Episode 4 = THE ASSASSIN'S ROAD + THE WHITE PATH BETWEEN THE RIVERS + TIDINGS OF THE GEESE

Episode 5 = TRAGIC O-SUE

Episode 6 = THE VIRGIN AND THE WHORE

Episode 7 = THE GUNS OF SAKAI

Episode 8 = SOLDIER IS THE CASTLE

Episode 9 = TRAIL MARKERS + INFINITE PATH

That's not what I meant. I know what the episode titles are (both in Japanese and the various English ones). What I'm looking for is a list that tells me which Manga story is covered in each episode. Some episodes cover just 1 story, but some cover multiple stories as shown in my partial list.

daisho2004

chanbara: I believe that the TV series did stick to the manga comics. I have all the comic books to this series and I have the entire 3 seasons of the TV series which is about 30+hrs. and I did check out a few of the comics to see if they were following the storyline and for the most part they were. And I don't think there is a list that exactly tells you which episode is from the comics.

Yep, there's no doubt that the source material for every episode is the manga. I was hoping since someone did up the Manga <=> TV episode list for the first 9 episodes that a full list existed somewhere, but it doesn't look like it. :frown:

Oh well, I guess I'll have to try and tackle it myself. I'm midway through watching season 2. Time to take notes and re-read the manga again. :smile2:

Ah,Lone wolf and cub one of my favorite series next to sonny chiba's Shadow Warriors (Kage no Gundan). Ive actually been watching lone wolf series again bout half way thru the first set,good times..

I watched 4 episodes and while it`s enjoyable I was not extremely impressed.Movies capture atmosphere of excellent comic books better.Violence was mild,of course as made for TV.

However if they release whole serie on box sets I 100% certainly pick it.

yes , i have the same feeling .

I wanted to just back track and find out how far Tokyo Shock went with this TV series, does anyone know if the box set listed is the complete 1st. season? Even though they haven't finished this series if they did complete the entire 1st. season then I'm going to pick it up.

2nd. Did anyone hear if this series was being picked up by any other distributors?

I wanted to just back track and find out how far Tokyo Shock went with this TV series, does anyone know if the box set listed is the complete 1st. season? Even though they haven't finished this series if they did complete the entire 1st. season then I'm going to pick it up.

2nd. Did anyone hear if this series was being picked up by any other distributors?

Not sure what box set you're refering to, but yes the full 1st season (26 episodes) was released by Tokyo Shock. It was originally released in 6 sets containing 2 discs each:

Lone Wolf and Cub (TV) Volume 1 (Episodes 1-5)

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Wolf-Cub-TV-1/dp/B0012R1R2A/ref=sr_1_9?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1296266336&sr=1-9

Lone Wolf and Cub (TV) Volume 2 (Episodes 6-9)

http://www.amazon.com/Lonewolf-Cub-TV-Eps-6-9/dp/B0016K76VO/ref=pd_sim_d_5

Lone Wolf and Cub (TV) Volume 3 (Episodes 10-13)

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Wolf-Cub-TV-Vol/dp/B0019X3ZO0/ref=sr_1_18?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1296266384&sr=1-18

Lone Wolf and Cub (TV) Volume 4 (Episodes 14-18)

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Wolf-Cub-Eps-14-18/dp/B00151QYHG/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_c

Lone Wolf and Cub (TV) Volume 5 (Episodes 19-22)

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Wolf-Cub-2pc-Sub/dp/B001GFBO1C/ref=sr_1_16?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1296266424&sr=1-16

Lone Wolf and Cub (TV) Volume 6 (Episodes 23-26)

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Wolf-Cub-2pc-Sub/dp/B001L28H10/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_b

And then they were re-packaged and released in 2 boxed sets containing 6 discs each:

Lone Wolf And Cub TV Series Collection One [Repackaged Volumes 1-3] (Episodes 1-13)

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Wolf-Cub-Collection-TV/dp/B0029Z8KD8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1296265990&sr=8-5

Lone Wolf And Cub TV Series Collection Two [Repackaged Volumes 4-6] (Episodes 14-26)

http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Wolf-Cub-Part-2/dp/B003BNCMVS/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_b

chanbara: Thanks Bro, that's what I wanted to know, I didn't realize it was (2) Box Sets containing the entire 1st. season. I wanted to know if it was all on (1) Box set. So know I'm going to pick these (2) Box sets up.

BTW does anyone have a way to contact Tokyo Shock/Media Blasters there isn't an email or phone number to contact them that I could find on there site, I wanted to contact them in regards to the rest of this series.

Archived