Art of War III: Retribution

AlbertV

I rented this from redbox last weekend. After all, only was $1.00 lol Was pretty bad. If I remember right, this was supposed to originally be the second Art of War film until Snipes decided to return as Shaw in Art of War II: Betrayal.

Treach just didn't make a good replacement. He brought too much of his urban style trash talk in a political thriller...doesn't mesh well. Action scenes could have been better yet the interesting thing was I recognized one of his stunt doubles where Shaw had to throw a high spinning back kick.

The double in question was Larnell Stovall, who jusr recently wrapped up fight choreography duties on...Undisputed 3!!!!

I knew Larnell back when he was just starting out as a stuntman and he has made a name for himself since. Very proud of his stunt work. I got a hunch Undisputed 3 will make him a fight choreographer to look out for, much like the 2nd film did for J.J. Perry.

But Art of War III had an interesting story, just bad casting and less than stellar action. You're better off watching Snipes in the first two.

• Like 1

Cognoscente

Michael Jai White would have been better. It would have been like Scott Adkins stepping in for Jean-Claude Van Damme.

• Like 3

I have this movie laying around somewhere, but I've never got around to watching it. Seems like I haven't been missing anything. 

• Like 2