Duel of Ultimate Weapons

Chris

Hey all - just wanting to know about some movies, if they're worth picking up. Either I can't find any reviews for these, or the reviews are wildly varying. Please let me know if you feel any merit repeated viewings, or if any are just bad (feel free to elaborate)!

-Duel of Ultimate Weapons (good Hwang Jang Lee movie?)

-Tough Guy (1972)

-Rikisha Kuri (Joseph Kuo)

-Shaolin Kingboxer

-6 Directions of Boxing

-Heroes in the Ming Dynasty

-18 Fatal Strikes

-Bloody Fist (1972)

-Arhats in Fury

-Shaolin Devil, Shaolin Angel

I'm into the typical popular movies on here - Chang Cheh, Liu Chia-Liang, Yuen Wo-Ping. I usually dislike modern settings (cars, guns). The last movie I saw and loved was Lackey & the Lady Tiger. The last movie I saw and hated was Two Assassins of the Darkness.

I know an all-around consensus is impossible but any insights would be helpful - thanks all!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANY movie with Hwang Jang Lee in it is totally worth picking up. for the most part, i think its a filmmark flick (thomas tang?). DOTUW is a very good korean production. i would recommend picking it up even if it is a budget label dvd

butcher wing

if they are cheap get them all, because your opinon may very from person to person so get them all and decide for yourself.

Morgoth Bauglir

For Duel of Ultimate Weapons, get the East West double feature DVD that comes with Last Challenge of the Dragon. Pretty good pic quality, and not dark like other versions. It’s a bad movie, but there’s some funny dubbing, and Hwang unleashes a lot of kicks. “Dong Wan, oh my, the best martial arts fighter in the land.” ---- “Exactly you wimp.”

odioustrident

Shaolin Devil, Shaolin Angel is one of my favorite kung fu films, but it is not for everyone. It features strange kung fu styles (including one guy who fights with snakes); if that is something you enjoy, just total spectacle all the time, pick up that movie.

Archived