Bruce Lee legends of the dragon volume 3

thehangman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time i spoke to Steve it will be November time, but will double check. Vol 1 + 2 are amazing and a must for any Lee fan by the way....

Hi,

I have the first two volumes and they are fantastic... i rang the publisher to find out when the next volume was out as thought it was suppose to be October 09. They said that they are not the publisher for the third volume :(

Where can i get the third volume???

Apparently the publishers kept putting on hold the third volume, saying the cost was high. Last time i spoke to Steve he is getting publishing rights for America so hopefully we will get vol 3.

www.dvdasia.co.uk

Can someone not contact Steve and find out what is going on?

Or go back to Tao Sport and pass on these additonal costs that they wanted to us (the consumer) - i for one would pay a tenner more to get the book published in UK and sooner rather than later.

Anyone else?

Hey,

Have we got any more info on volume 3.... it think someone on here said they new the author - could you get copies for fans? I

All i heard is Steve moved from TaoSport as publisher?? They said i would need to speak to him about it...

I bought the 1st two in this series & thought they were pretty good (by fans, for fans, I can appreciate that), but also overpriced by at least ten dollars, The photo reproduction quality is a bit inconsistent & , as I recall, there's at least one spot in Vol. 2 were a quote (from Bob Wall) begins on one page & ends... nowhere!

That's not a huge deal (afterall, who believes anything Bob "the Legend In His Own Mind" Wall says about Bruce Lee, anyway?), but it does indicate a poor proof-reading job; it takes roughly forever for these books to go to print & in all that time no one bothers to proof-read them? What's the problem?

I suspect the problem is too many people wanting their piece of the Bruce Lee profit pie. Too many people want too much, the books have to be overpriced, therefore they don't sell very well (not everyone can afford them), therefore publishers are hesitant to publish the next one. I'd think the Bruce Lee Estate would realize that John Little's books sold more because they were fairly priced; if you sell a much larger quantity don't you make a greater profit than you do when you ask so much only hardcore fans will buy your product?

I spoke to SK and the third issue won't be out EVER

Proof reading was the problem poor publishers..

but he said part three will come in the form of a combined issue from another publisher all 3

hold tight brother

Great, so i spent over £60 for 2 books that will now be included as part of the third installment.

what a RIP OFF , i`m about done with the Bruce Lee scene, it`s all about the money now and to hell with what the true fans want.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

To be fair to Steve, the author, it was out of his hands, the third volume was ready to go to press but the publisher pulled out. I think that the only way to get it done in the USA was all three volumes combined, i will double check next time i speak to him.

I have to agree with Makone.

I brought the first two volumes at some expense (and they were expensive) thinking that I was supporting a fellow enthusiasts project....only to now find out that if I want the 3rd volume I'll have to buy it all again...

Feels a little like a kick in the teeth ..I am disappointed.

:sad:

That makes sense... not! The 1st two didn't make a lot of money because they were over-priced & not widely available (never saw them in a bookstore here in the U.S.), now let's try to get one published that's three times as big, three times the price (what are they going to charge, about 200 bucks?!), that'll sell! Is someone out there going out of their way to make sure this never actually makes it to print, or what?

after reading what steve had to say about the books on another forum, i fully understand where he is coming from regarding these books. he also understands how we feel about the situation.

seeing as tho there will be no hard copy version of the new versions and the the price is thought to be quite low. this is not the kick in the teeth i thought it would be.

You can`t get 3 it was never published.

The special edition has just been released contains large chunks of Volumes 1,2 and 3.

It`s a very nice book. Just wish he (Steve Kerridge) had gone this way in the first place, it would of saved me over £60.

http://hate-media.com/

Thanks! As I said before I have just ordered vol 1 & 2, is it worth me getting the special edition? Out of interest is the special edition hardback?

Archived