looking for a shaw brothers swordsmen film!!!

ninjawt

I rented a while back from the shaw brothers era, with two swordsmen, and i really loved it, some time later i wanted to watch it again but i realize that i only new the greek title that it was on the video tape! and the store doesn't have the movie anymore , so i don't know the title. there's been a few years that i have seen the movie so i don't remember much

The plot goes something like this: there's two swordsmen, both very skilled and heroic, they are either assassins, killers or bodyguards, instead of having the good versus bad thing, they started to become friends, with the common "bad guys" after them, in the end the two of them fights a fews swordsmen, with the ultimate chief bad guy being the strongest, let's say that more "evil" of the two friends sacrifices his life to protect his friend and his friend kills the bad guy with the sword.

when i watched it reminded me a lot of the john woo film "the killer" and i think that of the two friends is a swordsmen for hire and the other one is bodyguard or a pollice officer.

anyway, i know it could be tricky , but if someone know the film please post it.

by the way, the greek film title was "last heroes " and the film looked to be shot at 60" or 70"

thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it's Shaws (could be if I'm wrong) and possibly might be similar to Woo stuff, as I got a gut feeling it's Woo's Last Hurrah For Chivalry...? Could be an old Chang Cheh flick though...

Archived