sammo hung hospitalised for heart surgery!!

cooksandkungfoodle

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

He doesn't need to retire if he just took better care of himself! He's not that old! but he likes the grub!

He still has a lot to offer, unlike many of the old guys!

He doesn't need to retire if he just took better care of himself! He's not that old! but he likes the grub!

He still has a lot to offer, unlike many of the old guys!

He does have a lot to offer, but, I would rather see him take it easy and retire. He already provided enough of his talents to this genre. I would hate to read a headline "Sammo dies from an apparent heart attack". Get well Sammo!

Yeah, he's done more than his share for kung fu over the years. Just because there isn't a modern day equivalent to take his place is no reason that he should literally work himself to death.

Guest Markgway

Sammo is always a welcome addition to any film in my view... but if it's a choice between working until he drops and a long and healthy retirement maybe he should consider the latter. He's a legend no matter what he does (or doesn't do) next.

Hopefully he's able to start eating properly, get some rest (given his inconsistent working times) and slim down. He should quit smoking too. I have a lot of respect for Sammo and I believe that he's smart enough to know that he has to do this. Hopefully he's able to do that, and be in top form for Ip Man 2 and of course future projects.

Jesse Smooth

I agree that Sammo needs to relax for a minute, diet, quit smoking, etc...I would rather he retire than to take a permanent vacation. Yeah, there really no one to take up the torch when it comes to HK kung fu films. The passing of Shek Kin sadly made that statement boldly.

I know that there have to be talented youngsters out there who would be the future. I know that some of the old stuntmen should be around to nurture the younger guys.

Guest WuxiaFan
Hopefully he's able to start eating properly, get some rest (given his inconsistent working times) and slim down. He should quit smoking too. I have a lot of respect for Sammo and I believe that he's smart enough to know that he has to do this. Hopefully he's able to do that, and be in top form for Ip Man 2 and of course future projects.

Agree, but even though he's big, he moves faster and is more agile than most guys half his size! Dropping a few pounds will always improve your health, but I've got to believe he's in top physical condition other than his weight. Sammo is the anchor of the industry right now.:squigglemouth:

kungfusamurai

I'm glad to hear he's okay. If he never makes another movie for the rest of his life, I'll be just as happy, since he's given us such great work during the past three and a half decades he's been directing, choreographing, etc...

KFS

butcher wing

it s time he took care of himself, time to change the eating habits, and the styles of food. this should be a his body telling him its time for change, because we can't have him leaveing us early especially if he has the tools for the change.

Archived