Another region 1 dvd question

tokenganjaclan

tokenganjaclan

Well I'll keep it simple.

Of course I'm buying all the DD and Media Blasters titles. I have most of these already.

But Image and Well Go.

I'm not a fan of most of their titles, but there are a few I'm interested in.

Most I have the region 3s. So is it a waste to dip again. My main concern is the bad pal-ntsc thing, and of course crap sub jobs ect...

I'm fine with the region 3 dvds. So are the image titles that bad? If they are the same as region 3s I'm game. I just mainly want the dubs anyway...

Deadly Breaking Sword

Human Lanterns

Intimate Confessions

Two Champs

Are the ones I'm really intersted in.

Are there any other titles that have GREAT picture quality and remastered dubs(original)

that I might take a look at????? THX

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Silver Fox

Well, I'm sure you're gonna get a alot of vastly differing opinions on this topic but I'll give my 2 cents. I think the Image releases are fine. I have Human Lanterns and the transfer is really nice, no english dub, Mandarin with English or Spanish subs. The subtitles are clear and understandable.

I also have Magic Blade,Shaolin Intruders,Bat Without Wings,Killer Snakes,Boxers Omen and Corpse Mania-all are excellent release IMO.

It's been awhile since I watched Two Champions of Shaolin from Well Go but according to the back of the DVD, it has English/ Mandarin language option. No problems with transfer or subtitles that I can remember

I have a bunch of other Well Go releases that are nice as well. I have the IVL versions of Intimate Confessions and Deadly Breaking Sword so I can't comment on those.

Others can give more info on the audio options. I've noticed people complain about the Image releases- PAL-NTSC,interlaced combing effects,speed-up,freakouts...etc I don't have any trouble on my system but if you are a total OCD cinema perfectionist you might want to rent/borrow before buying.

Archived