Best performances from Wong Mei Mei?

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

I saw 5 Superfighters a year or 2 ago, and this lady impressed me, but not quite enough to seek out movies she is in. But last night I saw Magic Crystal and she tears the screen up. Now I need more Wong Mei Mei!,

Also, I've seen Kid From Kwangtung, Lion vs Lion and Boxer From the Temple. I think I remember her fighting in Kid From Kwangtung, but maybe I missed something in the other 2 movies?

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=2777

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw 5 Superfighters a year or 2 ago, and this lady impressed me, but not quite enough to seek out movies she is in. But last night I saw Magic Crystal and she tears the screen up. Now I need more Wong Mei Mei!,

Also, I've seen Kid From Kwangtung, Lion vs Lion and Boxer From the Temple. I think I remember her fighting in Kid From Kwangtung, but maybe I missed something in the other 2 movies?

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=2777

Wong mei mei have good fights in the ambitious kung fu girl, I recall her being in ode to gallantry as well, but she don't have a speaking part and she just draws her sword but that pretty much it. Unfortunately, Wong mei mei is one of the under appreciated kung fu actresses, that deserved so much more.

Ohhh, I loooove this lady. One of my favourites, always keep an eye out for her, but always wasted. She was never used properly considering the brief glimpses of that she was capable. Lo Mar had the right idea using her in his three films- let her shine a bit in 5 Supers, and gave her a decent role (one of her most prominent) in Boxer From The Temple; but then again didn't really have her fight much if at all in that, didn't let her showcase that kicking. Shame. As mentioned, Ambitious Kung Girl has a good, but very brief showing. Kid From Kwangtung wasted her entirely - they put one of the finest female kickers up against Hwang & didn't let her showcase that stuff properly? Bollocks. You'll see her pop up here & there, and it's always a treat, Convict Killer teases us a bit with a little nice leg work, but then there's things like Lion Vs Lion without any scrapping, etc... blink & you miss her stuff. No one ever used her better than Lo Mar in 5 Supers. The Master Strikes is about the best you're gonna get outside of that - typical example - they give her about 20 seconds of wicked leg work and that's your lot... seriously. Shame. She had great potential. I need to see Magic Crystal.

Archived