The Art of Audio Dubbing Interview with Spannick

Guest gfanikf

Guest gfanikf

hkfilmnews.blogspot.com/2...rview.html

If you ever had an interest in audio dubbing and the effort that goes into it, then do we have a treat for you. It takes a lot of effort and skill, but the challenge is often part of the fun. Marin Spanic who works for NEW DVD in Germany and also dubs movies as a hobby was kind enough to talk to HK Film News about NEW and the art of audio dubbing. Also to get an understanding of the effort he puts in too dubbing older films we have two clips, one of Deadly Duo with the dub simply put over the celestial video (often used with Red Sun) and one of Marin’s dubs which show what can be obtained with cleaning up the audio and better syncing. His re-dubs are often kept among a small group of collectors to prevent Red Sun from using them for their “productsâ€, so getting a chance to see and hear this is a nice treat. Thanks again to Marin for doing this interview with us.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest luckystars

Thanks for the link.

That's a striking change. I'm not a fan of these dubs but honestly, it's like the actors are speaking the dub in comparison. First class workmanship there, and another reason why buying bootlegs is money wasted.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Is it german subs spannick provides or germanic spoken dubs done by him and a team of dubbers? It's kinda confusing the way they're talking about it.

Guest falkor

I still don't know the most efficient method for audio dubbing, and have never found any decent guides on the internet. The method I use is painstakingly long, but works with satisfactory results--nowhere near as professional as spanick's jobs.

Archived