ZEN KWUN DO STRIKES IN PARIS

Guest MANOZEN

Guest MANOZEN

Hi ,

IMO Zen Kwun Do Strikes In Paris is an excellent film, and without a doubt the ultimate showcase for John Liu's kickin' style ! Well casted with the likes of Alan Hsu, Tino Wong, Roger Paschy, plus more champion stylers providing many a classic martial art exchange ! :smokin

ZEN KWUN DO

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D3qTuExDbM

MANOZEN

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

I definately agree that this film featured John Liu's best fights, he's never looked better. But the story is ridiculous and the acting is pretty bad too. I think Liu's best movie overall is Incredible Kung Fu Mission. :)

Guest MANOZEN

Hi ,

As far as the story/acting goes I have not an issue with that as John is greatly being Liu, in a manner of speaking . Must have been an emotive ego kickin' project for Mr Liu .... Least not forget the J.L. anthem !

As far as any rating system scores I would give Zen a 10 !

I also rate Incredible Kung Fu Mission, lots of quality fights delivered by great characters too !

MANOZEN

Guest dager in the cotton

John liu was at his kicking zenith when he put this classic out .

so the storu and the acting were poor so what. it's the boot that counts, isn't it?

Guest Chinatown Kid

It does to me, this film is worth having for the fights alone! 8) Same case with Dragon's Blood, the fights aren't as good as Zenkwando in Paris but it's worth seeing for the fights even though the story and acting is poor.

Guest WalkOn

Agreed! Great fights, who needs a story! ;-) I feel the 1st fight is John Liu's greatest screen moment. The scene where he fights the 3 thugs, one of them being Yuen Man Meng (star of Daggers Eight). Nice fast pace, and great variety of kicks! Also, I believe it was one of Yuen Man Meng's last appearances before his heart condition got the best of him, if I recall correctly.

Guest dager in the cotton
believe it was one of Yuen Man Meng's last appearances before his heart condition got the best of him, if I recall correctly.

No, this film was made pre Tiger kids ect, he suffered his Heart attack sometime during or shortly after Lovers Blades.

Guest WalkOn

Thanks for clearing that up, dager in the cotton. I was never clear when Zen Kwun Do Strikes in Paris was made. I always read it was made in 1979, but I thought that it was actually made in the early 80's after his traditional films.

Frank, I'll shoot you an email, to see what you would like.

Thanks!

Cesar

Guest Chan Wah Shun

Through the black market or by trading. Speaking of black market, I'm surprised that Panmedia/Red Sun don't have a dvd for this yet.

Guest the dirty tiger

I have a spare American video of it if you'd be interested, full screen dubbed I think, need to check.....

EDIT : I have the wide screen German video tape too but it is dubbed into German.....but both for sale or swap if you're interested :D

Archived