Wei Pai in Hard Boiled?

dragonherb

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well - can't give you facts - but the info comes from Bey Logan - as far as I know - and some people suggested that Bey might have mistaken Gilbert Lam for Wei Pai. It's quite likely. Lam is in the credits, Wei's not - and Lam does kinda look like Wei Pai in those scenes from Hard Boiled.

Read the discussion here:

http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2902&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

(Ignore my fangirl prattle and focus on the knowledgeable guys like Maz...;-))

• Administrator

That's not Wei Pai in HARDBOILED. I took all of my reference pics from FIVE VENOMS and compared the facial features to the actor in the film, and it's definitely NOT him.

That's not Wei Pai in HARDBOILED. I took all of my reference pics from FIVE VENOMS and compared the facial features to the actor in the film, and it's definitely NOT him.

Yep. For one thing - the ears don't match... :-) That was actually the first thing that struck me. Wei's ears have a rather distinct shape. And I imagine that by early 90s he was somewhat - rounder - in the face. That's pretty much how his aging went. Throughout the 80s he was getting less and less "sharp-edged".

Gaijin: I very much think so.

Thanks people. So I guess the fact is he’s not in the movie (unless someone can prove the opposite)?

If the guy often referred to as Wei Pai is indeed Gilbert Lam (which I think he is), then Wei Pai most probably wasn't in Hard Boiled. Which is kind of a pity because Wei Pai in HB - that would be real cool...:wink:

Archived