Remember Mafia vs. Ninja?

Dai Marlo

People seem to love or hate (or love to hate) this movie. It is still one of my favorite Kung Fu movies of all time.

I have sentimental value towards this movie. Back in the very early 90's when I was about 10 years old I would go over to my grandma's house during the summer and rent this movie from a local video store and watch it over and over again.

Anyways about some of the actors for the posters who have seen this movie: Remember the knife thrower? His name is Silvio Azzolini and I have found out he runs a Kung Fu school not too terribly far from where I live. Do you think it would be weird if I tried to get in touch with him and meet him, just to say "hi" and possiblly get an autograph?

Also, does any body know what happened to Eugene Thomas?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyways about some of the actors for the posters who have seen this movie: Remember the knife thrower? His name is Silvio Azzolini and I have found out he runs a Kung Fu school not too terribly far from where I live. Do you think it would be weird if I tried to get in touch with him and meet him, just to say "hi" and possiblly get an autograph?

Not at all. If you do get the chance to meet him, ask him about working with Robert Tai.

Not at all. If you do get the chance to meet him, ask him about working with Robert Tai.

Will do. Actually that is the thing I am kinda afraid of-- That if I did meet him I would probably have too many questions.

kungfusamurai

If you make it an informal interview, then you can justify all the questions you want to ask him! :)

KFS

Yeah, I like this one too. The cool thing about it too is that this was actually a TV series in Taiwan, so there's a ton more footage out there, albeit in the raw, non-subtitled form.

I haven't heard anything concrete about Eugene Thomas, other than him being AWOL since 1990's. I did hear though he may be dead, but this is the same fandom that routinely has false stories spread left and right (Jimmy Wang yu is a janitor in a subway, the original Shaw negatives were completely destroyed in a fire), so take it for what it's worth.

OpiumKungFuCracker

There is a fight scene where the guy fights a band of ninjas with a fucking tree? Yes, the weapon of choice is a tree to fight of a band of ninjas. This isn't out of irony at all because I think this is one of the greatest movies I've ever seen, period.

Secret Executioner

A very fun movie. I gotta say the 4 killers are awesome, especially the Italian knife-thrower and the fat Japanese with the Hitler moustache (like every Japanese bad guy it seems).

Alexander Lo shines in this, solid action and tons of fun to watch "acting".

Gotta love also the opening scene. The guy Alexander Lo meets may be the most easily conviced guy ever. :tongue:

Morgoth Bauglir

This one was a little above average but I didn't think it was nearly as good Ninja Hunter, Ninja vs Shaolin Guards, Ninja Death part 1 and Super Ninja. And Ninja USA. Holy Ninja.

It is a pretty good Taiwanese MA film...loved the appearances of Eugene Thomas and Sifu Silvio Azzolini as the knife fighter.

An awesome movie that I still watch now and then. The voices are phenomenal in the English dubbed version. Would love to see this in widescreen remastered. Hahahaha!

"You are a member of the Neeeenja! You must always have complete control of your emotions. Don't forget that!!!!"

That guy was the best!

Archived