Buddah's palm appears to be>

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

ONE WACKED OUT MOVIE.

My question after viewing some You Tube clips is this movie any good considering how WACKED out it appears to be.

Your comments please.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a while since I checked out my Shaws collection, but I remember Buddha's Palm as being a LOT of fun. I would recommend it.

And if you do find you like it, I would also advise you to check out Holy Flame of the Martial World - both were, if I'm not mistaken , taken from long running comic books and are stylistically quite similar.

But avoid Desecendent of the Sun - it's an awful film! :squigglemouth:

If you have been reading "force of buddhas palm" comics and hope movie is same quality forget it...similarities to comic are very thin and movie is mostly crap but fun one at times.it has it`s moments though and if money not problem for you maybe worth picking.some special effects are actually good considering movie is pretty old(1983??).But I would not add it into top of purchasing list...

• Administrator
It's been a while since I checked out my Shaws collection, but I remember Buddha's Palm as being a LOT of fun. I would recommend it.

And if you do find you like it, I would also advise you to check out Holy Flame of the Martial World - both were, if I'm not mistaken , taken from long running comic books and are stylistically quite similar.

I agree 100%. I loved both BUDDHA'S PALM and HOLY FLAME OF THE MARTIAL WORLD, and I'm normally not as into the OTT SB movies, preffering straight up kung fu. But these two were fun from start to finish.

I haven't read or even seen the comics, so I can't comment on that.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I can enjoy thw wacky if its done right so I will see these films someday,

Thanks,

GD Y-Y

DeathFuMaster

Is Buddha's Palm available dubbed? Any other DVDs besides the IVL one? I found a dvd called Buddha's Palm and Dragon Fist, is it the same thing?

• Administrator
Is Buddha's Palm available dubbed? Any other DVDs besides the IVL one? I found a dvd called Buddha's Palm and Dragon Fist, is it the same thing?

Nope, that's a different film. I've never seen it dubbed, but I wasn't looking either.

One Armed Boxer

Possibly surpassing both Buddhas Palm & Holy Flame of the Martial World for out and out craziness is the Shaw Brothers movie Demon of the Lute...

...& you also get Kara Hui as well!

Archived