Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger, UNCUT?

Complete

I saw this movie as a kid and I would like to see it again so I downloaded it from the net and got dissapointed because of the cuts, especially the scene with the blowtorch torture, you see the torch closing in to the body and then a close up at Bruce's face when he screams then its over.

Then I baught this movie on DVD (Digiview Entertainment) and this one the scene was longer, now you see the torch open up a hole in the sweater and the skin starts to bleed, the you see the guy with the torch say some words and hit him again with the torch att the same spot, now he realy starts to bleed and then you see a close up at Bruce's face and the scene ends.

I wonder if someone knows if this is the uncut DVD or if this scene is cut, I have a small memory of that he torture him more with torch at different places on his body.

Its 25 years since I saw this so can be mistaken.

• Like 1

All the versions I've seen (including the crappy quality Chinese version from Video Asia), seem to only show damage to his back, nowhere else. The public domain DVDs are unfortunately mastered from the BBFC-hacked DVD release. Trying to find full uncut, widescreen, and MAYBE subtitled versions of Bruce Li films are a major pain in the ass. Sometimes you'll find them widescreen but cut, uncut but fullscreen, etc. The only one to be all three is the Celestial remaster of New Game of Death... but I digress :tongue:

• Like 1

thedirtytiger

I have the super old pre cert video from England, I always thought it is pretty much uncut, anyone got a run down on what might be missing and I'll check it?

• Like 1

All the versions I've seen (including the crappy quality Chinese version from Video Asia), seem to only show damage to his back, nowhere else. The public domain DVDs are unfortunately mastered from the BBFC-hacked DVD release. Trying to find full uncut, widescreen, and MAYBE subtitled versions of Bruce Li films are a major pain in the ass. Sometimes you'll find them widescreen but cut, uncut but fullscreen, etc. The only one to be all three is the Celestial remaster of New Game of Death... but I digress :tongue:

Now I have watch the scenen again and you are right about his back, I thought that the henchman was holding him from behind but now I saw it was from the side :angel:

First you see the sweater starts to open and then it cuts to Bruce's painful face then back to the sweater thats opens more, cuts to Bruce's face again then to the bad guy that tells him the lesson and then he torch Bruce again at the same place with bare bleeding skin and then it cuts to zooming in Bruce face.

But what I realy saw this time was right after when they throw him out of the car you can see 3 holes of his back!!! :nerd:

thedirtytiger

I havent manage to see this movie in one piece yet, only fastforward it to the nasty parts :wink: but you could compare that I described with your edition.

Sorry for my english writing skills are so bad, it was a realy long time ago i wrote in english, even hard for me to read what I self have written :tongue:

• Like 1

Drunken Cat

I have the 1985 TWE (Trans World Entertainment) VHS NTSC release. It seems to be in widescreen and the runtime is 84 minutes. I suppose this is a censored version? I have seen listings for a 90 minute version, but I haven't seen anything to back this up (considering the source is wikipedia).

• Like 1

Drunken Cat
Is the footage also missing from this version of the film?

4Kcvqu8ieug

KFS

Yes, the full credits are on my tape, in english. For some reason the tape was released in widescreen as well. I should check for the blowtorch torture scene. I never really took the time to watch this, maybe I should now.

- The torture scene is included exactly as described, nothing additional. From the youtube clips that I have seen, some versions cut the footage of Bruce's funeral and most of the opening credits. Other than that, I'm not too sure whatelse has been removed.

• Like 1

ThunderScore

Anybody else notice that in the U.S. release of EXIT THE DRAGON, ENTER THE TIGER, it appears that Post Production Supervisor Hugo Grimaldi (GIGANTIS, MILL OF THE STONE WOMEN, FIRST SPACESHIP ON VENUS) had the main voices re-dubbed, while the incidental voices sound like the usual "But Still, I Reckon" HK contingent. I can hear Marvin Miller (hard to miss), James Hong, Charles Howerton (voice of Bruce Li) and Linda Gary. Also, this might be the only film in which Lung Fei plays a character named ...Lung Fei. Some of the DVDs I've seen have video-altered opening credits...

• Like 1

Drunken Cat
Anybody else notice that in the U.S. release of EXIT THE DRAGON, ENTER THE TIGER, it appears that Post Production Supervisor Hugo Grimaldi (GIGANTIS, MILL OF THE STONE WOMEN, FIST SPACESHIP ON VENUS) had the main voices re-dubbed, while the incidental voices sound like the usual "But Still, I Reckon" HK contingent. I can hear Marvin Miller (hard to miss), James Hong, Charles Howerton (voice of Bruce Li) and Linda Gary. Also, this might be the only film in which Lung Fei plays a character named ...Lung Fei. Some of the DVDs I've seen have video-altered opening credits...

The last fight, you will notice that the voices are completely from the original english dub. I'm not too sure what the deal was with this. Maybe they only replaced the voices they didn't like? Either way, I do not think the original english dub exists anymore in any shape or form.

The only thing I haven't seen in the TWE video release is the still of Bruce from Way of the Dragon. Otherwise all footage seems to be accounted for.

Is there a version that runs over 84 minutes (NTSC)?

• Like 1

ThunderScore
The last fight, you will notice that the voices are completely from the original english dub. I'm not too sure what the deal was with this. Maybe they only replaced the voices they didn't like? Either way, I do not think the original english dub exists anymore in any shape or form.

The only thing I haven't seen in the TWE video release is the still of Bruce from Way of the Dragon. Otherwise all footage seems to be accounted for.

Is there a version that runs over 84 minutes (NTSC)?

I did notice that about the last fight. I have that TWE release as well - actually prefer it to the DVDs I've seen... BRUCE LEE THE MAN, THE MYTH was also re-dubbed, although some of the original can heard near the end of the film...

• Like 1

Drunken Cat
The Videoasia DVD is wide. Not recommended though because the picture is almost completely washed out. I don’t have the DVD anymore, but hkflix lists it as being 86 minutes. http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.534590/qx/details.htm

Thanks Morgoth. Sounds like the old TWE widescreen tape is of better quality. What would the extra 2 minutes be? Unless it is a mistake. I think I will just skip it. Maybe in the future just copy the tape to dvd and be happy with that.

• Like 1

bruceleeclones

The mandarin version put out by video asia has that scene intact as far as im aware. Theres a couple of other bits also thats not in most international cuts of the movie. Only other version ive seen with that full scene included is the UK pre-cert by Inter-Ocean.

• Like 1

Well, the number one question to me is: has ANY release been in proper full 2.35:1 widescreen? The UK DVD starts in 2.35:1, but then goes all "Hong Kong Legends Police Story 2" and gets horizontally stretched after the opening credits.

• Like 1

shukocarl1441996347
49 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Is the first movie flyer a double bill of Dawn of The Dead and Exit The Dragon Enter the Tiger?.

Yep! In the UK it was first paired with 'His Name is Nobody' before a neat double bill with 'Fist of Fury II'.

• Like 2

Cognoscente
On 4/12/2010 at 10:29 PM, ThunderScore said:

Also, this might be the only film in which Lung Fei plays a character named ...Lung Fei.

In the Chinese version, Chang Yi's character is named King Hu.

• Like 2