In The Line Of Duty 1-3

DeathFuMaster

The Amazing Psycho Per

Well, I've seen the first two.

The first one is also called Royal Warriors and stars Hiroyuki Sanada and Michelle Yeoh. It's been a while since I've seen it but at the time I didn't care too much for it. There some good action scenes, but from what I remember they short, few and far between.

The second one is aslo known as Yes Madam! . Michelle Yeoh is back but this time she teams with Cynthia Rothrock. Tsui Hark also has a role that takes almost as much if not more screen time then the two girls. For the majority of the movie, there are hardly any fight scenes, and what there are hardly last two minutes. But, what makes the reputation of the movie is the finale, that is an intense ten minutes of non-stop fighting and bone crushing stunts that was the trend at the moment. It's funny to see Tsui Hark in a starrin role, but you'll probably watch it in it's entirety only once, but you're sure to revisit the final fight more then once with the rewind button ready.

Morgoth Bauglir

#3 has a Sonny Chiba clone and he doesn't really get to show if he has any skills. But the action is still really good. I'd say it has the best fights in the 5 ITLOD movies I've seen. .

In case you are wondering, # 4, the one with Donnie Yen seems to be really popular, but I didn't like it too much. And #5 (called MIddleman) has Billy Chow and there's lots of good fights. .

Well, I've seen the first two.

The first one is also called Royal Warriors and stars Hiryoki Sanada and Michelle Yeoh. It's been a while since I've seen it but at the time I didn't care too much for it. There some good action scenes, but from what I remember they short, few and far between.

The second one is aslo known as Yes Madam! . Michelle Yeoh is back but this time she teams with Cynthia Rothrock. Tsui Hark also has a role that takes almost as much if not more screen time then the two girls. For the majority of the movie, there are hardly any fight scenes, and what there are hardly last two minutes. But, what makes the reputation of the movie is the finale, that is an intense ten minutes of non-stop fighting and bone crushing stunts that was the trend at the moment. It's funny to see Tsui Hark in a starrin role, but you'll probably watch it in it's entirety only once, but you're sure to revisit the final fight more then once with the rewind button ready.

I had no idea these 2 movies were In the line of duty 1 and 2!! I always wondered what In the line of duty 1-3 were like but now I know I'm puzzled I've never seen these movies listed as this anywhere, wasn't Yes Madam renamed Police Assasins?

it's funny how Yes Madam is called In the Line of Duty 2, when it came out before Royal Warriors. kind of like how Tragic Hero came out before Rich and Famous, but is actually the sequel to it. there are also In the Line of Duty parts 6 and 7, known as Forbidden Arsenal and Sea Wolves, which were both directed by Cheng Siu-Keung-the current cinematographer for most Milkyway films! another Cynthia Khan movie called Queen's High is sometimes referred to as In the Line of Duty: The Beginning, or something like that. also, I think the character that Cynthia plays in Tiger Cage 2 is also supposed to be her character from the ITLOD series. all the films are worth checking out.

• Administrator

Personally I loved ROYAL WARRIORS and think it is vastly underrated movie. There's plenty of action, and Michelle Yeoh- who was playing in her first starring role- does some truly impressive fight and stunt stuff! Hiroyuki Sanada rocks it too! He brings some of that heavy duty JAC (the action school started by Sonny Chiba) spice to the pot, and it mixes in well with the Hong Kong choreography.

YES, MADAM is good too, but I agree with The Amazing Psycho Per, there's not a lot of action. It's mostly a comedy. But still, I thought it was a good action comedy. It just needed at least one more fight in the middle to liven it up. The action that is in there is smokin' hot though! Cynthia Rothrock and Michelle Yeoh are both incredible in the finale going up against a gang of bad guys including Dick Wei and Chung Fatt. Michelle does a wicked stunt through a glass partition on a second floor railing. She wasn't even a real stunt person at the time- she was a dancer/model/actress- and she just did it! I do understand why The Amazing Psycho Per would say watch through once, then only rewatch the action. I've watched the film 3 times I think, but have certainly watched the fights over and over again.

I get the rest mixed up a bit. I'll have to check them out again.

thedirtytiger

I have 6 out of the 7 and I saw 7 a long time ago, memory is a little hazy, but from what I remember they are all pretty good, most D&B productions are well worth a look. Part 4 is the second best, Yes Madam ( part 1 ) is still the best, it's totally manic !:tongue:

Yes Madam came first, has a few decent fights sprinkled throughout the first hour until we get to the end where Corey, Michelle and Cynthia unleash a cavalcade of ass kicking. The rest of it is kinda lame eighties HK humor, the end fight is spectacular though, Cynthia really got the mother of all challenges fighting Dick Wei. Michelle was pretty good considering this was her first starring role.

Royal Warriors was ok from what I can remember of it.

In the line of duty 3 is a lean, revenge film with a ferocious performance from Michiko Nishiwaki, Cynthia Khan does well enough in her first starring role, liked the ripping of her skirt at the beginning for better mobility. The film is remarkably brutal, there aren't fights, so much as life or death struggles, the fight between Stuart Ong and the japanese was brutal and bloody. I was somewhat disappointed in the climactic fight between Michiko and Cynthia, mainly because it became a fairly one sided affair once Dick Wei shows up, I was hoping for more of a one on one between Cynthia and Michiko.

kingofkungfu2002
It just needed at least one more fight in the middle to liven it up

Yeah, it's a real shame they deleted that fight scene where Cyn and Michelle supposedly take on a bunch of kung fu students, and the guy who played the 'Stick King' in Drunken Master (can't remember his name)

Yeah, it's a real shame they deleted that fight scene where Cyn and Michelle supposedly take on a bunch of kung fu students, and the guy who played the 'Stick King' in Drunken Master (can't remember his name)

that guy's called Hsu Hsia (i think.....). And i bet that the deleted fight scene probably would've elevated the film as a whole into a classic as opposed to just the very good film it is.

• Administrator
Anybody know if any of the other films besides 4 are dubbed?

YES, MADAM (under the title POLICE ASSASSINS) from Hong Kong Legends has an English dubbed track.

And I think when Tai Seng first released ROYAL WARRIORS on VHS there was both a subbed version and a dubbed one too. But I can't recall for sure, because I only ordered the subbed versions from them.

However, Fox released ROYAL WARRIORS with an English dubb option, and you can get it for only $8.00 here:

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.534629/qx/details.htm

Guest Markgway

The series actually got better as it went along with each entry surpassing the last -- until Part 5 which is when the rot set in (although none of them are terrible).

DeathFuMaster

I couldn't find a dubbed version for 3...and that is the one that had my interest. Does it have an alternate title?

that guy's called Hsu Hsia (i think.....). And i bet that the deleted fight scene probably would've elevated the film as a whole into a classic as opposed to just the very good film it is.

Is there any way of watching this deleted scene or has it been lost to the mysteries of time?

Guest Markgway
I couldn't find a dubbed version for 3...and that is the one that had my interest. Does it have an alternate title?

Released dubbed on VHS in the UK under the title Force of the Dragon.

• Administrator
Is there any way of watching this deleted scene or has it been lost to the mysteries of time?

Can anybody answer this?

I really enjoyed pts 1 & 2 even though they could be better with more action but 3 was awful imho. The Japanese guy seeking revenge was useless really lowering the films action . 4 is very good but donnie completely steals the film from Cynthia Khan. Not watched my VCD of 5 yet.

thedirtytiger

Nobody I know has the stick scene, it's like the saw in the head from Big Boss, but to me the stick scene is a lot more interesting, I have numerous photos from it which show they must have shot it....