bangkok adrenaline

globe

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't this film gross like less than 800,000 Bath in Thailand? That's like a little over $20,000 USD. The biggest failure ever!

Any1 enjoyed this film?

don't think any KFC members have seen it YET but it's one I've looked forward to for ages.:xd:

thedirtytiger

I skipped the chance to see it in the cinema as they dubbed it in Thai and didn't have English subs, I know an English version should surface eventually so I decided not to waste money.

thedirtytiger

The DVD came out today, looks like no English version at all on there, the box just says Thai Thai, will try and che4ck for sure if I can. I ain't buying it if no English though :(:tinysmile_angry2_t:

The Amazing Psycho Per

Ok guys, just watched it... You know, a lot of times, when a movie struggles like this one did to see the light of day, there are good reasons. This might not always be the case for a piece of auteur cinema with a particular vision, but with the case of a martial arts flick, if it's got good fights, people will see it. I just need to recall the recent Kinta that took forever to come out and proved to be a complete dud. Now Bangkok adrenaline seemed in developpment forever since the first trailers hit the web nearly like what, two years ago? Does it follow the same path as Kinta did?

Well... First let me start by saying the version I saw, the only one available, was in Thai and "englishsubsless", so I can't comment in details about the "story". I must admit I got a little confused in the end about some of the bad guys allegences. But honestly, the story doesn't break any new ground, and we're treated most of the time with pretty stupid comedy. By the way though, for people who are wishing for an eng sub version, the movie was shot in english, so you want the original language version.

Now the action. If you seen the trailer, you must remember that it contained lots of fighting bits. You must see where I'm going with this? We saw a large chunk of the fighting in the trailer and there is not that much more in the movie. The first half hour contains one fighting scene of about 1min., then we're treated with the warehouse fight we saw in the trailer. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but I saw most of it a couple times already. Plus, the director has the nagging habit of puting his camera a tad too close and cut a little to often. It's nowhere as bad as other movies with this problem, and there are a lot of wide shots, but it's still a tiny issue.

The last half of the movie contains more action and it's on par with what you've seen in the trailer. The final brawl even contains a little wink to Martial Club... My only overall gripe with the choreo. is that it's all flash and no intricacy. If you've seen a couple Thai fight flicks, you know the drill. Only one duel, that we saw in the trailer is more intricate, but gets over pretty quickly.

Overall I'm pretty mixed on this. It's nowhere near as bad as Kinta, but, it's got low budget written all over it: generic story, bad acting, bad directing, etc..For exemple, the final brawl contains scenes of raw unfinished footage with a shaky camera, proving they obviously ran out of money and released the film anyway. Still, it's worth a viewing, but if you don't like Thai action, this one is definately not for you.

Ok guys, just watched it... You know, a lot of times, when a movie struggles like this one did to see the light of day, there are good reasons. This might not always be the case for a piece of auteur cinema with a particular vision, but with the case of a martial arts flick, if it's got good fights, people will see it. I just need to recall the recent Kinta that took forever to come out and proved to be a complete dud. Now Bangkok adrenaline seemed in developpment forever since the first trailers hit the web nearly like what, two years ago? Does it follow the same path as Kinta did?

Well... First let me start by saying the version I saw, the only one available, was in Thai and "englishsubsless", so I can't comment in details about the "story". I must admit I got a little confused in the end about some of the bad guys allegences. But honestly, the story doesn't break any new ground, and we're treated most of the time with pretty stupid comedy. By the way though, for people who are wishing for an eng sub version, the movie was shot in english, so you want the original language version.

Now the action. If you seen the trailer, you must remember that it contained lots of fighting bits. You must see where I'm going with this? We saw a large chunk of the fighting in the trailer and there is not that much more in the movie. The first half hour contains one fighting scene of about 1min., then we're treated with the warehouse fight we saw in the trailer. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but I saw most of it a couple times already. Plus, the director has the nagging habit of puting his camera a tad too close and cut a little to often. It's nowhere as bad as other movies with this problem, and there are a lot of wide shots, but it's still a tiny issue.

The last half of the movie contains more action and it's on par with what you've seen in the trailer. The final brawl even contains a little wink to Martial Club... My only overall gripe with the choreo. is that it's all flash and no intricacy. If you've seen a couple Thai fight flicks, you know the drill. Only one duel, that we saw in the trailer is more intricate, but gets over pretty quickly.

Overall I'm pretty mixed on this. It's nowhere near as bad as Kinta, but, it's got low budget written all over it: generic story, bad acting, bad directing, etc..For exemple, the final brawl contains scenes of raw unfinished footage with a shaky camera, proving they obviously ran out of money and released the film anyway. Still, it's worth a viewing, but if you don't like Thai action, this one is definately not for you.

Cheers for the review!

I'll definetely see it but I'm disappointed I HOPED the delays were for funding to improve the film. It's sad since the trailer showed so much promise and it'd be so great to see the first starring role of a great future british MA star in style. Ah well anyone who can look good against Tony Jaa still has a bright future!

Archived