JCVD airing on UK TV

blue_skies

I just spotted that JCVD is premiering on UK TV , Ch5 at 10:55pm next Wednesday 19th August. Not seen this myself hope it's good.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was damn good... watch it strictly as a drama though. This is definitely Van Damme's best acting work, ever. You can tell he poured his guts out in this film, especially in the now infamous, and very surreal, monologue scene. He doesn't come across as asking for forgiveness, but more to have the audience allow him to start by forgiving himself for what he's done. I know he's doing action again, but this film REALLY tapped into acting potential that's been in hiding. I hope he can get another film out like this.

well said. i for one am rooting for him all the way. i never really cared for him while i was younger, seeing him as an inferior player in the MA movie realm (despite his immense popularity). I preferred my martial arts stars to be of the asian persuasion....and most importantly...just bruce. I stopped being so closed minded and gave him a chance...and im glad i did. JCVD is a remarkable film that deserves more praise from the outside film world

Archived