Celebrity fans....

Guest sevenhooks

Guest sevenhooks

I remember visiting my friend's kung fu movie "booth" on the corner of 9th Ave over by the old Polygram building in NYC back when they were filming Die Hard 3 and Samuel L. Jackson stopped by and bought every volume of Sword of Vengeance/Lone Wolf and Cub.

Apparently he would stop by after shooting nearly every day and stock up on Shaws, samurai flicks, blaxploitation, whatever.

He's one of the more obvious celeb fans of the genre.

Being in the music industry, I've come across all kinds of rappers who grew up watching them (Biz Markie, Big Daddy Kane, Heavy D, Jeru, Rza and them of course).

I know old school Boston Red Sox pitcher Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd was a huge fan.

Anymore actors, sports stars, etc. you can think of?

Celebs you wouldn't normally think dug these flicks?

Guest sevenhooks

Sorry, perhaps I should have made it a little clearer...

Celebs you wouldn't normally think dug these flicks?

I know Sam Jackson is just as obvious as QT or RZA, but I just used him as an example.

I'm curious to know who's out there in the world of entertainment who happens to be a fan of these films.

Someone not so obvious though...

:)

I know the guys in Motley Crue were into them, Phil, the lead singer for Pantera, I read Mike Judge of Bevis and Butthead was into them.

I got to meet the director and two main guys from Shaun of the Dead at the screening of this movie, I noticed a kung fu move in there when he was fighting the zombies in the bar, afterwards a bunch of us went for drinks were I asked them about it, they were really big fans.

Guest theportlykicker

I was just thinking that Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright of Shaun of the Dead fame were into kung fu movies. If you watch the trailer for their upcoming film, Hot Fuzz, you can see one of the characters looking at a Super Cop dvd.

And Tosh, it's great that you got to meet them. I'm a really big fan of those guys.

The 3 linebackers for the Buffalo Bills(1 now an ex-Bill):

Takeo Spikes

London fletcher

Jeff Posey

They had written an article about them and suposedly they bonded when all 3 found out they like these movies.

Not Celebrities per say,but if you know Football 2 of them are/were pro bowlers.

Guest jirpy100

I remember one trader showing an invoice for a whole bunch of HK films bought my Sigourney Weaver's husband. And for the few that didn't know, Oliver Stone is a big martial arts fan, especially of Michelle Khan's films.

Guest The Running Man
First time I saw 36 Chambers Of Shaolin was with Corey Haim.

That is begging itself to be further explained.

Please do tell. :D

Guest HAZ74

Hi,

Corey Haim was my neighbor for a while. Sometimes, he'd come by & we'd rent a stack of movies, just a random assortment of stuff. Master Killer was one of 'em. Kind of a boring story!

h

Guest carl douglas

This will be meaningless to non UK fans, but John Barnes (ex England football(soccer) player) is a fan. Also watching a Steve Coogan interview for 'Around the world in 80 days' promotion , he mentioned his ex flatmate (John Thompson/actor-Cold Feet?) was a great Jackie/kung fu film fan.

Guest HAZ74
I'm sticking a fork in my eye as I read this.

Not the movie, but my story. Corey is doing some small acting today & might have a reality show in the coming months.

Guest FarEastPirate

There is a Hip_hop Label called Troop,

that has bought from me also

Carol Speed frrom Abby has purchased from me KF Flix

and as someone Mentioned on the Board Sigorney weavers Husband Jim Simpson watches those flix too.

Guest the dirty tiger

You Yanks might have no idea but we have a tv host / radio DJ here called Jonathan Ros, he is more a Japan fan as shown by his tv show Japanorama, but he is also a big fan of the fu and co-presented a terrible terrible tv show with Eastern Heroes 'Kung Fu Ricky' called 'Stop ! Kung Fu !'