Boxer From Shantung: Fan Made Trailers

OldPangYau

Hey! I want to formally announce that I am in the process of a custom special edition of Boxer From Shantung for trade in the future. To coincide with the announcement are two trailers I created. To mimic the style of official US trailers, I created a green band and a red band trailer. Here they are (make sure to click the "HQ" button!):

Green band:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Red band:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I know a certain US company has the rights to this... but seeing as how they're slowly seeming to abandon their Shaw Bros releases (you know who you are!), I got impatient waiting for them to release a proper NTSC DVD. However, in the event they decide to release their edition, this will be an "oop trade" the moment it's officially announced. I never want to seem like I'm on the same level as PanMedia, which is why this will be trade only and I would encourage anyone who obtains this custom disc to purchase the official one when (well, at this rate more like "if") it comes out. As this gets closer to completion, I'll spill some more info on this project. Until then, leave any feedback on the trailers!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you all are enjoying the trailers! Like I said, I tried to go the extra mile by "browning out" any major blood in the green band trailer, kinda like the "black blood" in the Kill Bill Vol 1 trailers. Hell, in the overhead shot of Ma swiping the hatchet around, he's completely sepia toned :tongue:

Expect these two trailers (along with others) to be on the DVD!

Okay, seriously, which SB posters do you NOT have? :tongue: That shot of Chen Kuan Tai in b&w would be perfect for the DVD cover though... go for a Criterion Collection black and white look.

Wow, that trailer KICKS ASS OldPangYau!! Very nice work.

Thanks! It was a lot of stopping and starting to get it done, as I wanted to make sure it flowed well and fit the tone of the film.

kingofkungfu2002

I must get round to watching this one of these days. I've had the dvd sitting on the shelf for ages :squigglemouth:

The Running Man

What are you using? The French DVD for the video?

Very nice work on the trailer btw. :) Although I'm not quite sure how the quote at the beginning is a line worth quoting but still, ace work on it.

What are you using? The French DVD for the video?

Very nice work on the trailer btw. :) Although I'm not quite sure how the quote at the beginning is a line worth quoting but still, ace work on it.

Yeah, the French version was the only one I could find with a PAL source to derive a 24p NTSC transfer from. There is a German DVD as well, but it wasn't easy to get ahold of.

As for the quote, it was based on Ma's determination to become such a highly regarded "boss", and the lengths he would go to get there. I just figured it summed up his motivations :xd:

always pick the French DVDs if you want genuine, best PAL Versions. the German and others (Swedish, UK etc) are inferior.

always pick the French DVDs if you want genuine, best PAL Versions. the German and others (Swedish, UK etc) are inferior.

Well, I'm now glad I couldn't find the German one :xd:

Archived