A truck is seen in The Fearless Hyena Part II

Topgun

Hello guys,

I came across this movie last night and I noticed something that even though I have watched this movie over 10 times, I haven't seen this.

Ok, in the scence where Jackie Chan is trying to tell the owner of the bird that he can make the bird to come back when it is let out. There, you can see a big truck going from left to right in a blurry view. You have to pay attention to it otherwise you may miss it.

Let me know of your thoughts, guys.

Topgun

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thought? In that mess of a film, it wouldn't surprise me. Isn't that one of the "faux Jackie" scenes? You know, with the guy in the embarassingly fake beard and moustache?

The film is a major curiosity piece though... especially for the deleted scenes from the first FH. Does anyone know if Jackie even filmed one frame of new footage for FH2? Or is it all FH1 deleted stuff?

Anyway, if someone noticed a truck in post production, they probably went "Eh, no one will catch it... besides, I doubt there will ever be a way for an average joe to perfectly freeze a frame of film like we can" :wink:

My thought is: I can't believe somebody sat through FH 2 more than 10 times.:tongue:

I do like the villians though.

masterofoneinchpunch
Hello guys,

I came across this movie last night and I noticed something that even though I have watched this movie over 10 times, I haven't seen this.

Ok, in the scence where Jackie Chan is trying to tell the owner of the bird that he can make the bird to come back when it is let out. There, you can see a big truck going from left to right in a blurry view. You have to pay attention to it otherwise you may miss it.

Topgun

Do you have or can you make a screenshot of this? If you cannot I will look into next week.

If you are interested here is a 1000 word review on this movie.

Is this film good, as ive seen the first one which was great.

Ummmm... no. This is basically a cut and paste job in the vein of Game of Death, using unused footage from the first Fearless Hyena, and according to Wikipedia bits of footage that Jackie apparently filmed (just read about this) prior to heading off to Golden Harvest to shoot Young Master. I still don't know what he could've shot, as I always assumed all of the real Jackie footage was unused FH1 stuff. The film isn't even a true sequel, but basically is a "sequel by cast" film, in that the same cast from the first film is back to do the second film, but as different characters.

A very choppy film... and half assed looking henchmen in shiny gold costumes don't help either :tongue:

masterofoneinchpunch
Hello guys,

Topgun

I just rewatched that scene right now. On VLC it is around 58:44/58:45 and it can be seen in the mirror when they are talking together. I'm pretty sure with that mustache and red nose that is not Jackie Chan. I can't get a good screen capture on the truck though it is just too blurry.

Ummmm... no. This is basically a cut and paste job in the vein of Game of Death, using unused footage from the first Fearless Hyena, and according to Wikipedia bits of footage that Jackie apparently filmed (just read about this) prior to heading off to Golden Harvest to shoot Young Master. I still don't know what he could've shot, as I always assumed all of the real Jackie footage was unused FH1 stuff. The film isn't even a true sequel, but basically is a "sequel by cast" film, in that the same cast from the first film is back to do the second film, but as different characters.

A very choppy film... and half assed looking henchmen in shiny gold costumes don't help either :tongue:

Well Lo Wei & Jackie fell out so Jackie walked off set & there was triads involved because Jackie didn't finish his contracted because Jackie didn't feel he was getting pay enough or getting enough freedom over the films. in Holland isn't Fearless Hyena one two & two one?

Yeah it was a hack job and while they virtually replayed the Chan-Yen fight from Part One, the other big fight consisted of Kwan Young-Moon taking on Austin Wai (Kara Hui's brother)

Archived