Check this out!

falkor

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungfusamurai

Nice pictures. What kind of book is that? Is it a chinese kung fu martial arts movie encyclopedia? Or did someone just bind together a bunch of magazine articles?

KFS

Guest Markgway

Great stuff, Falkor. I love when you post these images because I always learn somethng new.

I thought Fortuna Film Co was a Taiwanese company, but those promos for Instant Kung Fu Man and Snuff-Bottle Connection clearly show Fortuna Film (HK) Co (in Chinese). That makes those two films - and Buddha Assassinator, the third Fortuna production - officially Hong Kong films.

The other Fortuna Film(s) I still think is Taiwanese -- until you post something that proves me wrong(!)

kungfusamurai
never instant kung fu man..any good?

has it been released on dvd?

Instant Kung Fu Man was released by World Video in the US. Fullscreen, english dubbed. It's typical John Liu fare. If you like him, you won't mind the movie. I never did watch it all the way through, but it didn't have any fights that stood out either. I can't remember if I got it because it was part of a set or if it was because Hwang Jang Lee was in it. Too much frame-cutting for my liking.

n5PuntIIYRU

KFS

I recently bought an issue of Cinemart magazine on Ebay with an article on Born Invincible, but got sent a rare issue of Milky Way Pictorial from 1980 instead! :bigsmile: This has got some nice spreads from Great Justice or maybe Heroes Of Border Region, One Foot Crane, Dragon Blood, a swordplay I do not recognise and another nice kung fu film I do not recognise either. Anyhow, I still want my Born Invincible article, and will be returning this magazine to the seller so that it can go to its rightful owner who paid $60 for it (I paid 39$ for my Cinemart).

I have a VHS copy of Instant Kung Fu Man in a trade with an old friend from California. It is quite an interesting movie...Of course I like anything where Hwang Jang-Lee and John Liu face off against each other.

Guest Masked Avenger

I have been surprised twice while watching Instant kung fu man.

the cover of dvd gave me an impression of a fierce kung fu movie not a comedy (It's the result of not reading review on the back side of dvd ).

After playing the movie i realized that it is a kung fu comedy

the second time I was surprised is the final ) One thing happened that I did not expect

I enjoyed watching it

thundered mantis

The germans have a wide version of Instant Kung Fu Man. It´s called "Kung Fu Man". Good action in that one!

Archived