Shaolin (2011)

Milkyway

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think aside from Wu Jing and Xing Yu, they should also bring Xie Miao and Ashton Chen (aka Shi Xiao-Long) in the film. Both Xing Yu and Chen are former training Shaolin monks in real-life so their skills would be of good use here. I would have the younger Xie Miao and Chen play students of Li's character...at least that's what I would think.

Man, there is some MASSIVE wishful thinking going on here. I hold high hopes for nothing. If it's good, fine. If it's not, it's rather expected.

Jet Li... in his last MA epic...

:bigsmile:

Fearless was was going to be his "Final Martial Arts Epic"

fearless_2d.jpg

Guest ekisha

It's been a while since i posted. Now Jet makes another shaolin movie.

That's great, hope everything will be fine with minimal wirework and more old school fights!

Okay, here's an update on the movie.

-Jet Li is NOT in the movie.

-The movie is no longer called NEW SHAOLIN TEMPLE, but just SHAOLIN.

-Andy Lau, Nicholas Tse, and Wu Jing will star in the film with REAL Shaolin monks.

-Jackie Chan is making a cameo appearance in the film.

-Directed by Benny Chan and written by Chan's current writer of choice, Alan Yuen (New Police Story, Robin-B-Hood)

Plot:

China is plunged into strife as feuding warlords try to expand their power by warring over neighboring lands. Fuelled by his success on the battlefield, young and arrogant Hao Jie sneers at Shaolin's masters when he beats one of them in a duel. But the pride comes before a fall. When his own family is wiped out by a rival warlord, Hao Jie is forced to take refuge with the monks. As the civil unrest spreads and the people suffer, Hao Jie and the Shaolin masters are forced to take a fiery stand against the evil warlords. They launch a daring plan or rescue and escape.

Source: Wu-Jing.org

DeathFuMaster

Jet Li not being in it sucks, he deserves at least a small role as a mentor or something. On the other hand, this doesn't really sound like Shaolin Temple so it won't matter. Hopefully this movie will be good because I like Andy Lau, Nicholas Tse, and Wu Jing....Wu Jing NEEDS another good film.

Okay, here's an update on the movie.

-Jet Li is NOT in the movie.

-The movie is no longer called NEW SHAOLIN TEMPLE, but just SHAOLIN.

-Andy Lau, Nicholas Tse, and Wu Jing will star in the film with REAL Shaolin monks.

-Jackie Chan is making a cameo appearance in the film.

-Directed by Benny Chan and written by Chan's current writer of choice, Alan Yuen (New Police Story, Robin-B-Hood)

Plot:

China is plunged into strife as feuding warlords try to expand their power by warring over neighboring lands. Fuelled by his success on the battlefield, young and arrogant Hao Jie sneers at Shaolin's masters when he beats one of them in a duel. But the pride comes before a fall. When his own family is wiped out by a rival warlord, Hao Jie is forced to take refuge with the monks. As the civil unrest spreads and the people suffer, Hao Jie and the Shaolin masters are forced to take a fiery stand against the evil warlords. They launch a daring plan or rescue and escape.

Source: Wu-Jing.org

yes Wu Jing is in a good role!

Guest Yi-Long

Don't care much for Andy Lau, especially not in martial arts movies.

Nic Tse is a fine young actor (not great, but certainly watchable), but obviously not a martial artist.

Wu Jing is a very talented martial artist, but seems to have a talent for picking mediocre/crappy movies to star in.

Benny Chan is a horrible director.

And Jackie making a cameo!? Jackie stopped being relevant 15 years orso ago, I'm sad to say. Who cares if he makes a cameo or not!?

DeathFuMaster
Don't care much for Andy Lau, especially not in martial arts movies.

Nic Tse is a fine young actor (not great, but certainly watchable), but obviously not a martial artist.

Wu Jing is a very talented martial artist, but seems to have a talent for picking mediocre/crappy movies to star in.

Benny Chan is a horrible director.

And Jackie making a cameo!? Jackie stopped being relevant 15 years orso ago, I'm sad to say. Who cares if he makes a cameo or not!?

Totally agree about Jackie. I love the guy's films, but him making a cameo doesn't excite me, like I said before Jet Li deserves a cameo more than anyone.

I care about him making a cameo because fuck its a Shaolin Movie...how long has it been since wee seen him in a Shaolin movie?

Cameo? From what I read, I was under the impression that Jackie is going to at least have a co-starring role alongside the others

JACKIE CHAN, WU JING, NICHOLAS TSE, FAN BINGBING AND ANDY LAU TO STAR IN SHAOLIN!

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2009/10/jackie-chan-wu-jing-nicholas-tse-fan-bingbing-and-andy-lau-to-star-in-shaolin.php

Shaolin will feature a much anticipated stellar casting of top international and Asian stars led by Jackie Chan, Andy Lau and Nicholas Tse. Joining them will be mainland China's new leading lady of the big screen Fan Bingbing. Other members of the cast include martial arts star Wu Jing, Yu Shaoqun (Forever Enthralled) and thousands of Shaolin disciples.

Shooting for Shaolin is expected to start end of 2009 with a slated release for late 2010.

----------------------------------------

Also on Jackie's official website the news post gives me the impression he has a major role in the film

http://www.jackiechan.com/news/798748--Jackie-to-Begin-New-Film-in-China

"On October 22nd, Jackie attended the opening ceremony for his latest film, New Shaolin Temple. The scene was chaotic as reporters and fans pushed in for a closer view of Jackie and costars Andy Lau, Nic Tse, and Fan Bing Bing.

The $30 million film will be directed by Jackie's longtime collaborator Benny Chan, with Corey Yuen doing the action choreography. The movie is set in the early 20th century and will feature Nicholas Tse will as a wealthy young man who finds refuge in the temple after a tragic incident in his family. He meets his kung fu master, played by Jackie, in the temple.

Filming is set to begin in late 2009 with an eye on an early 2010 release. Jackie has just wrapped up filming of The Kung Fu Kid, which costars Jaden Smith, son of Hollywood sensation Will Smith."

----------------------------------------

Yeah it has been a while since he did a real martial arts film like this, not so much comedy or fantasy

DeathFuMaster
No, sadly Jet is not in it. I would have liked to see him in a major role.

Especially since its a remake of one of his early movies.

Yes this is great!!!My prayers have been answered!!!!!!

Jackie in a MA role again this time as a master

and Wu Jing in a role that means somthing and can show his true skills!!

I hope them 2 get to touch hands!!!!!

hopes Jackie shaves his head! or gets the pushed back haircut....

question...btw-that hair cut...was that like Code of the Ching dynasty or somthing?

Jackie has said that he wants to work with his Opera School brothers and sisters again, and if Corey is choreographing he might get the chance.

question...btw-that hair cut...was that like Code of the Ching dynasty or somthing?

Yes. The Manchus imposed that haircut on the population.

Jackie has said that he wants to work with his Opera School brothers and sisters again, and if Corey is choreographing he might get the chance.

cool,really?Wen did he say that?

Shooting began Thursday. Here's a pic of the cast

new%2Bshaolin%2Btemple%2Bcast.JPG

Interesting to see both Nic and Wu Jing with facial hair.

Archived