Shaolin (2011)

Milkyway

New Shaolin Temple to be Set in Early 20th Century

-- New Shaolin Temple --

New Shaolin Temple that Shaolin, Henan Movie & TV and EMP are producing is being written by Yuen Kam Lun. The movie is set in the Republican period in early 1900s, when the land was divided and ruled by rivalling feudal warlords, and the people were living in hard times [possibly just after the Manchurian government was toppled or death of General Yuan Shikai]. The story revolves around the monks from Shaolin Temple extending their help to the populace and even sacrificing their lives.

The production is currently in talks with Jet Li and Andy Lau to star in the film, with the former invited to play a senior monk. Production begins no earlier than end of the year.

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/684-New-Shaolin-Temple-to-be-Set-in-Early-20th-Century.html

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crazedjustice888

I hope they bring in some guys like GL and CKC and even CKT, you know they could be like eldars that KICK MAJOR BUTT!!!! :nerd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Jet Li... in his last MA epic...

:bigsmile:

Yeah! :smile: That's where the saying Never say never comes from!

I hope they bring in some guys like GL and CKC and even CKT, you know they could be like eldars that KICK MAJOR BUTT!!!! :nerd:

That would be the bee's knees man! All the classic old school stars playing senior monks? And it could showcase the small amount of newer talent that keeps getting wasted- Wu Jing, or has only played supporting roles- the great martial artist that fought Donnie in the outdoor cafe in FLASHPOINT (I forget his name)- as the top students. And can we leave out the wires (save for a few minor enchancments) and get some serious Shaolin kung fu here?

or has only played supporting roles- the great martial artist that fought Donnie in the outdoor cafe in FLASHPOINT (I forget his name)

His name is Xing Yu.

crazedjustice888

That would be the bee's knees man! All the classic old school stars playing senior monks? And it could showcase the small amount of newer talent that keeps getting wasted- Wu Jing, or has only played supporting roles- the great martial artist that fought Donnie in the outdoor cafe in FLASHPOINT (I forget his name)- as the top students. And can we leave out the wires (save for a few minor enchancments) and get some serious Shaolin kung fu here?

.....that...would...be....AWESOME!!! *starts to sing the hallelujah chorus* :angel:

crazedjustice888
I like all the ideas so far!! Also why not get Lau Kar Leung to at least do the action choregraphy!!! :tongue:

Hhhmmmm...that AND he could be like a guest star that is getting attacked then BAM takes out a guy and the monks see him and he says, "What? I used to train...." :wink:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
We haven't had a good shaolin movie in ages, fingers crossed they get it right.

Ain't that the truth!

His name is Xing Yu.

Thank you. :wink:

I like all the ideas so far!! Also why not get Lau Kar Leung to at least do the action choregraphy!!! :tongue:

Boing!!!

Hhhmmmm...that AND he could be like a guest star that is getting attacked then BAM takes out a guy and the monks see him and he says, "What? I used to train...." :wink:

Okay... I think I just pulled a muscle in my face from smiling so hard at the very idea of these things happening!

lillippa328

i think they should make Jet the elder brother but have LKL in there has the head Abbot! That would be tight! With (like others said) GL,CKT,CKC,Ti Lung,Sammo,Yuen Biao, and some venoms playing brothers...

Then have the main character sneak out the temple and run into a Drunken Master (Jackie) who teaches him a little drunken fist....and a Wing Chun master (donnie yen)...

and make the main character Miu Tse (lil boy from New Legend of Shaolin/Champions)....he has much potential!

and have each choreographed by som1 else...Jackie, LKL, Sammo, Cory Yuen, Woo Ping

and the villain is Tony Jaa :tongue:

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok back to reality...shit sounds nice!

GoldenPigsy

The actual Shaolin Temple is involved in this... which is something, I'm just not sure what.

I wonder if this is going to resemble the old Mainland wushu/kung fu films at all. Certainly the ambivalence towards religion in the Shaolin Temple series and others (Arhats in Fury comes to mind immediately) won't be a part of this one, but given the setting, I can certainly see it carrying on the tiresome nationalistic/propagandist vibe. The fact that that vibe has been pretty popular in martial arts films of late doesn't give me much hope either.

Oh, I absolutely won't care so long as there's finally some decent Shaolin kung fu on display. They should try and find Yu Cheng Hui, Hu JiangQian (I think he teaches in the US), Yu Hai, Sun Jian Kui and anyone else they can find from the original movies. It could be an all star reunion of all of the genre's older, unfairly forgotten talent.

Yeah! :smile: That's where the saying Never say never comes from!

I think we need to start a petition to send to Hong Kong stating this:yociexp72:

I like all the ideas so far!! Also why not get Lau Kar Leung to at least do the action choregraphy!!!

We can only dream:nerd:

butcher wing

i hope this is going to be good, Jet is aging, and yes i hope there is minimal wire work, go old school more hand techniques and footwork grabbing and locking and straight up shapes. that is what i want to see.

Chinese action star Jet Li won't be starring in a remake of "The Shaolin Temple," which helped launch his acting career.

A report from China Radio International stated that Li was promoting his self-developed exercise "Wuji" in Beijing on Wednesday when reporters at the event asked him to confirm his involvement in the project.

But the actor is quoted as telling reporters, "I never heard about this film."

Several Chinese media reports had suggested Li was in talks to play a supporting role in the remake.

The 46-year-old Li made his screen debut as a teenager playing the leading character, a monk named Jue Yuan, in "The Shaolin Temple" film which was named after the legendary martial-arts center in China's Henan Province.

The remake is rumored to begin later this year on a budget of 200 million yuan (US $29.3 million) with the Shaolin Temple allowing the film to be shot on location.

KungFuCinema.com spread the rumor yesterday that Chinese singer/actor Andy Lau was also in talks to the star in the remake which is entitled "New Shaolin Temple" from a script by Alan Yuen, who wrote Jackie Chan's "Rob-B-Hood."

The original film made Li a popular martial arts star in China while inspiring many youngsters to begin training at the Shaolin Temple.

Li went on to star in several "Once Upon a Time in China" films, in which he portrayed the legendary martial arts hero Wong Fei-Hung. He also co-starred with Jackie Chan in last year's "The Forbidden Kingdom" and appeared with Brendan Fraser in "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor."

In his next film "The Expendables", Li will co-star with Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham as part of a team of mercenaries who travel to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator. The film will be released in April 23, 2010.

For more about Jet Li visit his official website at: http://www.jetli.com

http://www.examiner.com/x-4211-LA-Asian ... ple-remake

butcher wing
is the original shaolin temple good?

this is Jet Li first full length movie and in my opinon his best, its pure kung fu from start to finish, i would recomend this to everyone and if you don't have it in your collection get it. Also add Shoalin Temple 2 kids from shoalin, and Shaolin Temple 3 martial arts of Shoalin Temple.

Fightingfist
this is Jet Li first full length movie and in my opinon his best, its pure kung fu from start to finish, i would recomend this to everyone and if you don't have it in your collection get it. Also add Shoalin Temple 2 kids from shoalin, and Shaolin Temple 3 martial arts of Shoalin Temple.

Ok thanks alot

Archived