T.F. Mou Documentary Help

Stuntman Jules

Stuntman Jules

Sorry to cross post, but I'm doing a documentary on T.F. Mou (Men Behind the Sun) and actually could use some help from anybody who can. Does anybody have any old T.F. Mou related stuff (particularly from his Shaw Brothers days)? Like behind the scenes pictures of his films shooting in Southern Screen and that sort of thing? If anyone could donate some scans of anything like that it would be great.

I also could use more material for his film Bank Busters, his unreleased on Celestial Shaw film and his personal favorite of his works from those days. Pictures (from Southern Screen or whatever) and ads would be nice. I saw some Bank Busters lobby cards on Ebay but I can't find the auction anymore. Even the jpegs from that would be great.

Anyone who donates stuff will get a "special thanks" credit at the end of the movie.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stuntman Jules
Ask him about THAT cat scene....

Oh yeah, it's not real.

He threw colored honey on the creature and had the rats lick it off him. I have pictures of the makeup technicians reapplying the honey onto the animal's fur. I'm sure the cat was made rather uncomfortable, but not killed, then cleaned up, fed and sent back to his owners.

However, he did torch the rats and all of the special effects were done with real cadavers and body parts, human and animal. The autopsy scene is a mixture of three elements: the young actor, the real boy's body and a sedated pig (the beating heart being removed).

Archived