question on PanMedias Wheels on Meals dvd

make believe

make believe

Hey,

I am considering purchasing PanMedia's Wheels on Meals dvd from hkflix. I was wondering how it is in terms of quality etc to see if it is worth purchasing.

I know the Megastar version is now way out of print and this is supposed to be a 1:1 copy of that. I figure quality wise it should be identical but seeing how Panmedia is known as a bootleg company I figured I should ask before buying, just in case. Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Silver Fox

Buying anything from PanMedia is a crapshoot. I've gotten some decent discs from them but some real junk too. I bought Kung Fu Commandoes from them and it's nearly unwatchable. I couldn't find another copy so I caved in and bought it-I should have just waited but lesson learned I guess.

I don't know about the Wheels on Meals disc but I'm sure you could find better then the Pan version. DDDHouse has Fortune Star version DVD and VCD at a decent price. Good luck.

DDDHouse.com

If you want to spend cashmoney on Wheels on Meals, I would say track down the HKL release. Panmedia is just not worth spending even a penny on

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
If you want to spend cashmoney on Wheels on Meals, I would say track down the HKL release. Panmedia is just not worth spending even a penny on

I agree. You can probably find the HKL's version on eBay, and it's really nice. However, I caution you- ask any seller the following "Is this really the HKL version or are you just using the cover art picture from that edition to advertise? I am not interested in a copy, so if this is not the legitimate release, please let me know to save us both trouble. Thanks."

There is always another option... The remasterd release from Fortune Star/Joysales is a nice release. Check DDDhouse.com at 10-11 bucks its well worth it.

Wheels%20On%20Meals%20JS.jpg

As others have said, go for the Fortune Star or HKL release. The HKL release is still available here in Australia, so you could import it from a seller on Ebay.

make believe

Unfortunately neither the Hong Kong Legends disc or the Fortune Star disc has the english dub which I sort of prefer on this movie. Unfortunately the Megastar is out of print though I know the print didn't look too good by some screenshots I've seen. I guess I will see what I will do. Thanks.

Unfortunately neither the Hong Kong Legends disc or the Fortune Star disc has the english dub which I sort of prefer on this movie. Unfortunately the Megastar is out of print though I know the print didn't look too good by some screenshots I've seen. I guess I will see what I will do. Thanks.

Ask around in the trade section, someone might have a copy that they're willing to part with.

Archived