Shaolin vs Wu Tang Widescreen Panmedia

punt44

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaolin_Fox

Yeah, I made the error of getting their 1st version of this, its just an exact copy of the Xenon DVD, with menus and everything <_<

I won't buy this until I see some convincing screen caps and reviews, etc.

There releases have ALWAYS been crap... Hopefully one day a decent legit release will float to the surface. Until that happens, look around... I have seen a decent Widescreen, English Dub (Cantonese w/ Eng Custom Subs) using a French print floating around on the traders market.

Shaolin_Fox

^ Should look at that section more often. I hope some of those guys sell their stuff since I've never really been into trading (Nor have stuff that people would be interested in).

People are still buying Panmedia boots. :khi1a:

Go to your local FYE and you'll see why. Hell, there's a triple whammy of this crap at this one mall I go to. They have the largest FYE on the east coast, so of course half of their MA section is made up of bootlegs from PanMedia, but on top of that, there are two "foreign flix" kiosks on both sides of the mall... one just around the corner from FYE! Ugh.

Jesse Smooth
Go to your local FYE and you'll see why. Hell, there's a triple whammy of this crap at this one mall I go to. They have the largest FYE on the east coast, so of course half of their MA section is made up of bootlegs from PanMedia, but on top of that, there are two "foreign flix" kiosks on both sides of the mall... one just around the corner from FYE! Ugh.

I've seen them at Suncoast and I turned them all in to the manager on duty.

Yeap! ...is that bad?

If you do a search on this forum for the words 'Panmedia' and 'Douchebag' you should see a significant amount of results.

Well, ok. The purpose for this thread was to find some screen caps of this release (or whatever the hell this release is bootlegged from). This was not to start a fight about Panmedia and how horrible and terrible they are yadda yadda yadda blah blah.

We've been over this countless times.Yes, this company is terrible and all, but where am I going to find a release of this film in widescreen, in English and Chinese, for under $10 and in my own region code? Tell me where and I'll pick it up.

If not, STFU about Dragon Dynasty this, Media Blasters that. Dragon Dynasty probably won't even be around in two years, and guess who will be bootlegging them for future generations to consume???

Oh and FYI, I bough Dragon Dynasty's Fist of Legend AND Tai Chi Master...these were truely terrible releases and technically flawed discs. I bought the Panmedia version of Tai Chi Master and it played PERFECTLY. With absolutely no slow down problems.

:khi4f:

thedirtytiger

I was telling everyone 3 years ago to steer clear of those Panmedia jokers and everyone told me to F*** off, glad people are finally coming round....;):yociexp33:

Well, ok. The purpose for this thread was to find some screen caps of this release (or whatever the hell this release is bootlegged from). This was not to start a fight about Panmedia and how horrible and terrible they are yadda yadda yadda blah blah.

We've been over this countless times.Yes, this company is terrible and all, but where am I going to find a release of this film in widescreen, in English and Chinese, for under $10 and in my own region code? Tell me where and I'll pick it up.

If not, STFU about Dragon Dynasty this, Media Blasters that. Dragon Dynasty probably won't even be around in two years, and guess who will be bootlegging them for future generations to consume???

Oh and FYI, I bough Dragon Dynasty's Fist of Legend AND Tai Chi Master...these were truely terrible releases and technically flawed discs. I bought the Panmedia version of Tai Chi Master and it played PERFECTLY. With absolutely no slow down problems.

:khi4f:

Thing is... finding the widescreen english version can easily be done with the right attitude. Something sir you clearly don't have. And I bet by pissing on people w/ the attitude.has surely ruided any chance of help from people who have it.

Just my 2 cents is all.

People buy from Panmedia and then moan that theres no official release. Its because these pirates have flooded the market and the niche market is now so small that legit companies cannot sell enough copies to make a profit so dont release them.

Ask around the fan forums (this being a good example) and try and do a trade, dont give these thieves your money.

People buy from Panmedia and then moan that theres no official release. Its because these pirates have flooded the market and the niche market is now so small that legit companies cannot sell enough copies to make a profit so dont release them.

Ask around the fan forums (this being a good example) and try and do a trade, dont give these thieves your money.

Good point!! The main reason Panmedia can have some what decent prints is because they are using them without paying for them and the companies that do....BCI goes under due to lack of sales.

Jesse Smooth
I was telling everyone 3 years ago to steer clear of those Panmedia jokers and everyone told me to F*** off, glad people are finally coming round....;):yociexp33:

Well, all people seemed to care about were having those old English dubs, so they use that to justify buying from them.

Killer Meteor
What's up with all the Panmedia questions lately?

I agree, its suspicious. I mean, does Panmedia sound REMOTELY like a legit kung fu company?

Hi,

The widescreen Shaolin vs Wutang was created by a fan for a very popular torrent site. Whoever runs Panmedia downloaded that & is now selling that same DVD for 10 dollars. If you want to pay him money after hearing that, its your business. With almost no effort, you too can have this DVD. Check google or your favorite torrent spot. It's been out for a long time. It's a pretty easy find.

peace

h

panmedia has been around since the Ground Zero days. they provided versions that otherwise would not be available. now that dd and tokyo shock are releasing you think it would stop.

as long as sites like hkflix host such libraries, they will always be around. in my opinion that's where it needs to stop.

panmedia has been around since the Ground Zero days. they provided versions that otherwise would not be available. now that dd and tokyo shock are releasing you think it would stop.

as long as sites like hkflix host such libraries, they will always be around. in my opinion that's where it needs to stop.

Sad thing is, I keep getting e-mails from HKFlix saying "PANMEDIA SALE THIS WEEK!" :khi1k: At least the Media Blasters releases have halted HKFlix from selling PanMedia's discs of their films. When looking up Five Element Ninjas, they showed the PanMedia release as being unable to ship due to Media Blasters' copyright. I don't think you see Dragon Dynasty doing that with any of their DVDs. Ironic since they used to block imports of films they had the rights to.

At least the Media Blasters releases have halted HKFlix from selling PanMedia's discs of their films. When looking up Five Element Ninjas, they showed the PanMedia release as being unable to ship due to Media Blasters' copyright. I don't think you see Dragon Dynasty doing that with any of their DVDs. Ironic since they used to block imports of films they had the rights to.

No they didn't. They are still selling the PM 3 version. Under the CSN title.

Interesting Nugget about DD. So they used to block but don't anymore?

Hi,

The widescreen Shaolin vs Wutang was created by a fan for a very popular torrent site. Whoever runs Panmedia downloaded that & is now selling that same DVD for 10 dollars. If you want to pay him money after hearing that, its your business. With almost no effort, you too can have this DVD. Check google or your favorite torrent spot. It's been out for a long time. It's a pretty easy find.

peace

h

Ahhh, thank you! I appreciate your help. This was my suspicion.

An official widescreen remastered version of this classic is long overdue. Hopefully one day we'll see one.

Last I heard/read... Dragon Dynasty owns the US rights to this, so who knows maybe one day they will release it (if they are around long enough).

Archived