Bum Bum Bum...my Iron triangle request

2tintoe

Hey all,

So, if, in theory, you wanted to show what you feel is the definitive collaboration between Chang Cheh, David Chiang and Ti Lung, what would you pick? I've seen a good dozen of their pairings, but I'm curious to know what others think. Now, to make this thread interesting, don't just list titles; pick one and explain why you think it defines the pairing. Personally, I am at a loss... Vengeance has the emotion and narrative arc that I'm looking for, but Ti Lung is basically a guest star in the film. Duel of the Iron Fist seems to fit my specifications, but (and this is shameful to admit), I've never seen it. I'm looking for a film that encompasses male bonding, heroism, angst, rebellion, loyalty and of course, a bloody and tragic finale.

Anyway, I've been posting for years, took a long break, and now that I'm back, it seems the forum has become more a listing of release dates and less a place for film criticism and opinions. I think we, as high level fans of the company and genre, should get back to celebrating these films- nerding out about them- and not just use this place as a site to discuss various dub tracks and release comparisons. Do not get me wrong, the aforementioned release posts should be here, but let's mix it up, maybe? I hope I don't come off as an opinionated jerk, I just don't have a social circle that has the love of the Shaw studios (or kung fu in general) that I possess, and I always looked here for people to commiserate with.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New One Armed Swordsman, Blood Brothers, Haves Sword Will Travel....these films should certainly fit your description.

Archived