Help for finding Cantonese version of Tiger Cage II

sonnychibaidol

sonnychibaidol

Dear Friends,

I remember watching Tiger Cage II on SBS TV 10 years ago in Sydney in its original Cantonese language format, and I must say I loved it. However, just recently, I have unfortunately collected the Mandarin version of the film with no Cantonese audio as part of a Donnie Yen Movie Collection on 2 DVDs from HBO Films. This is soundly disappointing. Not only this, I have also had difficulty finding on the internet and Amazon any genuine existing original Cantonese language versions of this film on DVD.

Does anyone have the original Cantonese language version on DVD? If so, can you help me find it?

By the way, Donnie Yen was not only good with his martial arts in this movie, he also did a very good job of cussing in Cantonese. Towards the end of the movie, he called the villain this: "Say Puk Kai Hum Ka Chaan-死仆街冚家鏟!" The English subtitles on both SBS and other DVD versions don't grasp the severity of this cuss phrase, and only translate it as: "Bastard" or "Scumbag". In reality, Donnie Yen was calling the character a "Motherfucking asshole!" or simply: "Motherfucker!".

Couldn't help myself, but I could not ignore the cussing used by Donnie Yen in this movie, not to mention his other uses of the word: "Puk Kai-仆街" in other instances in the movie.

Anyway, please inform me of anything.

Thank you.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only release I know of that has the original Cantonese audio is the long OOP VHS release that was put out by Made In Hong Kong here in the UK.

Guest ekisha

What about the french version released by HKV isn't it cantonese?

I don't have it yet, but i think it's the version you are looking for.

The Amazing Psycho Per

The HK Video versions does not contain english subs... only french. But yes, it is in cantonnese.

HK LD, VCD and VHS were cantonese of course, too. (and original Mono). French DVD is downmixed from some 5.1 Stuff with added Sound Effects.

THE MIHK VHS was taken from a horribly worn print and is basically unbearable.

Archived