The Himalayan

Guest rederror

Guest rederror

Just saw a clip of the end fight of this movie. I've never seen it before but have always been curios about it. The end fight was superb to say the least Tan Tao Liang pulls off some great leg work and Angela mao and Chen Sing look great. Anyone have any thought on this film, is there a good dvd available of this?

Guest tigerstyles

the film is class

there no decent dvd around only the china disc with no subs

i heard theres a wide vcd from joysales but it aint listed at dddhouse

Killer Meteor

The sheer novelty of the location makes this worth watching, Dorian Tan is at his best, Angela Mao is gorgeous and Chen Sing is a right evil dastard!

NoKUNGFUforYU

Downloaded a copy from AT, going to have to see if the subs work! Just saw a clip, got me wanting to see it again. Got a crap VHS years ago and saw it.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Got a down load off of AT, going to check it out. I had thought I had done it before but have not. Supposedly limited edition, so we'll see.

My DVD strangely enough had the 10-minute Batman vs. Aliens vs. Predator short film as an extra. The Himalayan is a very good kung fu movie. The setting is different and the plot focuses more on the villain than on the heroes. The final fight, as far as I'm concerned, is one of the best moments in old school cinema and represents Tan Tao Liang's best work.

My DVD strangely enough had the 10-minute Batman vs. Aliens vs. Predator short film as an extra. The Himalayan is a very good kung fu movie. The setting is different and the plot focuses more on the villain than on the heroes. The final fight, as far as I'm concerned, is one of the best moments in old school cinema and represents Tan Tao Liang's best work.

That version is a bootleg.

I agree. The Japanese DVD has a nice interview with Angela. The Himalayan is amazing.

HAZ, I know the Japanese DVD is OOP, any idea on how one may track it down? When I found out about it, it was already OOP. I did manage to snare The One Armed Boxer, around the same time before it went.

The final fight is one of my all-time favorites--including both Tan and Mao fighting the henchmen and then the big two-on-one.

• Like 2

Cognoscente

I like how we don't get to see Dean Shek as a comic relief final foe like in Iron-Fisted Monk and Warriors Two.

• Like 3

On 6/16/2021 at 5:08 PM, Cognoscente said:

I like how we don't get to see Dean Shek as a comic relief final foe like in Iron-Fisted Monk and Warriors Two.

Dean Shek plays in it ? Well, I watched this movie in 2010 for the first time and never found a while to rewatch it. At that time, I surely didn't spot him !

• Like 3